This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
These Keto Sweet Chili, Sticky Asian chicken wings combine two of my favorite things: Asian flavors and wings! Using my air fryer wings or crispy baked chicken wings with my low-carb sweet chili sauce, these are a great appetizer and beat take-out any time!
What Makes These Awesome
In short, I love these sticky wings because they have all of the flavor while cutting carbs.
Specifically, the sweet chili sauce is sweet and spicy with traditional ingredients like sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic chili sauce, and ginger.
However, I made these keto-friendly by replacing the most notorious sources of carbs and sugar in Asian dishes, brown sugar, and cornstarch, with low-carb, all-natural substitutes.
- Crispy Chicken Wings: there are two ways to get your wings crispy without flour, deep frying or breading. In this recipe, I use my air fryer chicken wings or crispy baked wings recipes.
- Keto Sweet Chili Sauce: this is one of my most popular recipes and an easy dump and simmer sauce. It takes about 15 minutes and can be used in other recipes like my copycat bang bang sauce and keto bang bang shrimp.
- Garnishes: Technically the sliced green onions and sesame seeds are optional. But, I prefer the fresh bite of the green onions when I’m eating these wings.
How To Make Sticky Wings
Crisp the wings in the air fryer or the oven using the recipes that I mentioned above (photo 1).
Add the wings to the sauce and toss to coat. I cooked my keto-friendly sweet chili sauce until it was caramel or syrup like consistency (photos 2 and 3).
Top the wings with the garnishes and enjoy! (photo 4).
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs:
- Toss the wings in warm sauce: it’s much easier to coat the wings evenly when the sauce is warm. I usually make the sauce on the same day as the wings
- Serve immediately: to have these crispy and sticky, it’s important to add sauce when you are ready to eat.
Absolutely! I chose to make these in the oven since I was making 20 wings. However, you can also make my air fryer fried chicken and top them with the sauce.
I’m using the Ninja Foodi because it’s a pressure cooker and air fryer all-in-one (and it saves me a ton of counter space).
Recipes to Enjoy these with:
In this recipe, I spend most of my effort making the quick sauce. So, when it comes to sides, I keep things super simple.
For me, I ate this with sautéed string beans that came in a microwavable bag! Some other easy veggie options are:
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Keto Sweet Chili Sticky Asian Chicken Wings
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
Keto Sweet Chili Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Unseasoned Rice Vinegar
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce, or Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/3 cup Keto Brown Sugar Replacement
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tbsp Garlic Chili Sauce
- 2 tsp Pure Sesame Oil
Oven Fried Chicken Wings
- 1.5 lb Chicken Wings, about 20 wing parts
- 1.5 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
For the Crispy Chicken Wings:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Add all of the spices for the chicken wings to a small bowl. Pat the wings dry and toss the wings in the spice mixture.
- Add the wings to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes per side. You should check at 40 minutes to see if your wings are crispy enough for you.
For the Keto Chili Wings Sauce:
- Add all ingredients for the Keto Sweet Chili Wing sauce to a mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add the sauce to a medium saucepan. Cook the sauce uncovered on medium-high heat until it is thickened (~15 minutes)
- Toss the wings in the sauce and serve immediately.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!