This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure . As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Keto French Toast recipe is an easy low-carb breakfast option that uses only 6 simple ingredients. It’s ready in less than 30 minutes using keto bread from the store or your favorite keto bread recipe. Learn how to make French toast with sola bread using this easy recipe.
Why Make this Keto French Toast Recipe
- Incredible French Toast for a Keto Lifestyle: If you love French toast, but don’t want the carbs from regular bread, this keto version is a great option. It uses low-carb ingredients like sola bread, which only has 2g of net carbs per slice.
- Quick, Easy, and Convenient: The process is easy and takes less than 30 minutes from prep to plate. Also, using sola bread instead of making an egg loaf from scratch will save you time.
This easy keto French toast recipe doesn’t require much. Here’s what you’ll need to gather.
Be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for the exact amounts and full instructions.
- Organic heavy whipping cream: Replaces regular milk for fewer carbs and a rich taste
- Vanilla extract
- Keto cinnamon sugar: I make this at home using ground cinnamon and granular or powdered sugar substitute and store it in an airtight container. I simply mix 1/4 cup sweetener with 2 tsp cinnamon.
- Low Carb bread: I’m using sola bread as a keto-friendly swap for the brioche and regular white bread you might find in traditional French toast recipes.
- Butter: Salted butter to balance the sweet flavors
How to Make Keto French Toast
- Make the egg mixture: Whisk the heavy cream, eggs, and keto cinnamon sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each bread slice in the mixture of eggs, cream, and keto cinnamon sugar. Set aside.
- Heat a medium frying pan to medium-low heat – keto slices of bread will burn if the temperature is too high. For best results, cook these lower than your typical French toast.
- Cook: Add 1 tbsp of salted butter to the pan per batch – I tend to cook these two at a time in a traditional griddle skillet. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side (or until they are golden brown).
Recipe Tips & FAQs
- Use medium-low heat: Keto bread will easily burn if the temperatures are too high. Cook these on a lower heat than normal French toast.
- Swap regular milk with organic heavy cream: Organic cream will give your keto French toast a rich flavor without the added sugar and extra carbs.
Keto French Toast Toppings
- Keto Maple Syrup or another Sugar-free Syrup
- Keto Whipped Cream
- Fresh Berries
- Fresh Berry Sauce: Keto Strawberry Sauce, Sugar Free Blueberry Sauce or Keto Raspberry Sauce
Keto Bread Recipes
I personally enjoy the convenience of picking up keto-friendly bread from the store. But, this recipe can also work with keto bread recipes like coconut flour bread or the original eggy bread (commonly called egg loaf).
I have not tested this recipe with cloud bread or other zero carb bread options.
Egg Loaf Recipe
If you want to bake your bread at home, you can make my keto sweet egg loaf, which tastes and feels more like real bread than the traditional egg loaf.
It’s a two-step process that requires less than 10 ingredients: 1/4 cup Coconut flour, 6 eggs, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 cup granular monk fruit erythritol, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 6 oz softened cream cheese, and 3 tbsp butter or ghee (and 1-2 tbsp more butter for pan frying).
To make keto French toast with egg loaf, simply:
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until smooth. Alternatively, you can use a large bowl and a hand mixer.
- Put the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Allow your egg loaf to cool off first, then slice it into sticks and toast the slices in additional butter.
Top the keto french toast sticks with any of the toppings mentioned above.
Yes. My recipe uses organic heavy whipping cream for keto purposes.
Use sturdy slices of bread. Cook at a moderate temperature so the outside doesn’t sear too fast, leaving the inside uncooked.
The most common traditional bread options are Challa, Brioche, Croissant, French Baguette, and stale bread. But, for this keto cinnamon French toast, you’ll need a low-carb bread option like sola bread or you might use your favorite keto bread recipes.
Other Keto Breakfast Recipes
More Keto French Toast Recipes
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Keto French Toast
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Whisk the heavy cream, eggs, and keto cinnamon sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Dip the bread in the milk and egg mixture. Set aside.
- Heat a medium frying pan to medium-low heat because keto bread will burn if the temperature is too high. It’s best to cook these lower than your typical French toast.
- Add 1 tbsp of salted butter to the pan per batch – I tend to cook these two at a time in a traditional griddle skillet.
- Cook the French toast for about 2-3 minutes per side (or until they are brown).
- Top with more keto cinnamon sugar, fresh berries, keto whipped cream, or your favorite sugar-free Maple Syrup.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!