This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This Keto Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli is a family-friendly keto casserole that’s packed with flavor and ready in 30 minutes. It features layers of some of the best ingredients like my creamy and garlicky keto Alfredo sauce, juicy chunks of my Italian Herb spiced cast iron chicken breasts, steamed broccoli and cheese. Make this for a creamy dreamy meal for the whole family to enjoy. Plus, see the tips for how to make keto chicken Alfredo bake with jarred sauce and leftover chicken.
Why Make This
- Packed with flavor: every layer of this dish is seasoned to perfection, resulting in a creamy, garlicky and Italian herb filled meal that will excite your taste buds. From the tender chicken, low carb veggies, creamy sauce, and melted cheese on top, this delicious keto chicken Alfredo casserole is a complete meal, whether you follow a keto diet or not.
- Easy & flexible: this recipe uses a few common pantry spices for the chicken along with my 15-minute Alfredo sauce (or your favorite jarred Alfredo sauce from the grocery store). After browning the chicken, this recipe just requires layering and baking, making a yummy casserole dish.
Making keto chicken alfredo casserole with broccoli is actually quite easy. Here is what you will need to gather.
- Chicken Breasts: I used large chicken breasts that were patted dry, and then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Natural Ancient Sea Salt, or more to taste
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil: this is to sear the chicken pieces, but you could use coconut oil, avocado oil, or other fat for cooking
- Keto Alfredo Sauce: My creamy alfredo sauce includes simple spices and ingredients like parmesan cheese and cream cheese. I doubled my keto creamy alfredo sauce recipe. You can also use one of your favorite store-bought sauces.
- Broccoli Florets: I steamed fresh broccoli florets for about 2 minutes in the microwave so that they were still bright green and had crunch.
- Mozzarella cheese: I‘m using shredded cheese. You can substitute this for an Italian Cheese blend, pizza cheese blend, or mild cheddar.
You can get the full list of ingredient amounts and instructions from the full recipe card at the end of the post.
How to Make Keto Chicken Alfredo Bake with Broccoli
Make Italian Spiced Chicken:
- Add the chicken to a large bowl and pour on all of the spices. Toss the chicken evenly.
- Heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet or frying pan to medium heat. Then, brown the chicken bites and set aside.
Layer the Chicken Alfredo Bake:
- For best results, add half the Alfredo sauce, chicken and broccoli to a baking dish.
- Top with cheese, build another layer and bake!
Top Tips & FAQs
- Use homemade or jarred Alfredo sauce: if you’re in a time crunch, then you can use jarred Alfredo sauce. I personally prefer to make my own since it takes 15 minutes, but I know that eliminating that step might be helpful for some.
- Swap shredded chicken or leftover chicken for the seared chicken breast: If you don’t want to cook chicken, another time-saving tip is to use shredded rotisserie chicken that you picked up from the store. You might also use leftover chicken from my air fryer boneless chicken thighs or roasted chicken in the air fryer recipes.
- Sneak in more veggies: While Chicken Alfredo with fettuccini noodles is an ultimate comfort food and a top 10 favorite meal at home, this recipe is a healthier alternative to that classic dish. That said, you could also make this chicken alfredo casserole with spinach, my air fryer roasted spaghetti squash, or low carb noodles like zucchini noodles or your favorite type of Palmini noodles.
How to Store Keto Chicken Alfredo Casserole
The best way to store any leftovers from this Keto Chicken Alfredo recipe is in an airtight container for the next day (up to 3-4 days).
Some people use milk and create a roux with flour or cornstarch. However, when making keto chicken Alfredo most avoid making a roux since it includes carbs from the flour and the cornstarch. Keto dieters also tend to limit regular milk as it has a lot of natural sugar.
Since this recipe includes broccoli, most of the carbs come from that. This recipe includes 4g of net carbs.
More Keto Chicken Alfredo Recipes
Recipes to Enjoy This With
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli (4 Ingredients!)
- Spaghetti Squash in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Bacon
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Keto Chicken Alfredo Bake
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
Chicken Alfredo Bake
- 1.5 lb Chicken Breasts, 3-4 large chicken breasts, patted dry, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1.5 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil, coconut oil or avocado oil
- 3 cup Keto Alfredo Sauce, click for recipe (I doubled my keto alfredo sauce recipe) or use jarred sauce
- 3 cup broccoli florets, fresh, steamed for 2 minutes in the microwave
- 2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
For the Chicken Breasts
- Mix all of the spices (Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder) in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl and pour on all of the spices. Toss the chicken to coat the pieces evenly.
- Heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet or frying pan to medium heat.
- Cook the chicken breast pieces for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the chicken breasts reach 160 degrees (they'll continue to cook to 165 degrees as they rest).
- Remove from the heat.
For the Chicken Alfredo Bake:
- Add about ½ cup of alfredo sauce to the bottom of a large (9×13) baking dish. Spread it evenly.
- Add half the chicken and the broccoli. Add 1 cup of alfredo sauce (distribute as evenly as possible) and add 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese to the top.
- Repeat step 2 with the remaining sauce, chicken and cheese.
- Preheat the broiler to low heat. Cook the chicken alfredo bake for 2-4 minutes to melt the cheese and brown some of it.
- Optional: Top the dish with fresh parsley.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!