This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Radishes are an often overlooked vegetable, but they have more uses than salad toppings. In fact, at 1g net carb per serving, they are an easy keto-friendly substitute for potatoes. My Air Fryer Roasted Radishes are a delicious way to enjoy this veggie. Just season these and coat in olive oil for an easy faux potato side dish.
Why Make Roasted Radishes
- No-fuss recipe: just toss the radishes in seasoning and roast them in your air fryer
- Low-carb substitute for potatoes: radishes have just 1g net carb per serving and can be loaded up with things like air fryer bacon, cheddar, and sour cream for a delicious treat.
- Another way to enjoy radishes: they are great when prepared hot too!
- Radishes: I cut mine in half, but you can cut them however you wish. Just be sure that they are cut evenly
- Olive Oil
- 24 Herbs Sprinkle Seasoning (Salt-free): you can use any salt-free seasoning mix that you please. It adds flavor without too much work
- Natural Ancient Sea Salt: this is optional and you can salt to taste when you’re finished cooking the radishes. If you decide to use the brand that I recommend, use DRDAVINAHS to get 15% off
How to Make Radishes in the Air Fryer
Making roasted radishes in the air fryer could not be easier. Here are the simple steps:
- Cut your radishes to your preferred size and toss with olive oil (photo 1): I sliced mine in half length-wise.
- Add seasoning and mix to incorporate (photo 2): You can reserve the salt to the end if you wish.
- Place the seasoned radishes on an even layer in your air fryer (photo 3): an even layer will help them cook evenly
- Cook at 400 degrees until they are browned enough for you (photo 4): I always flip mine halfway through cooking to help them cook evenly, but this isn’t mandatory.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Cooking times vary: this will be based on your air fryer as well as how large your radishes are. I start by cooking mine for 10 minutes. After that, I simply check them every 5 minutes until they are browned enough for me
- Make to serve immediately: I personally enjoy these straight out of the air fryer. I don’t make these ahead.
Radishes: Benefits for Low Carb and Keto
Radishes are a super healthy vegetable. They are packed with Vitamin C and have only 1g of net carbs per serving. Radishes are very low-calorie too, making them a great side dish for Keto’s higher-calorie main dishes.
- Make loaded roasted radishes by topping them with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, and bacon.
- Swap the salt-free seasoning for any salt-free seasoning blend. They have the right mix of spices and flavors without too much work. I simply salt to taste when using them. But, you could omit salt completely if you wish.
What to Eat With Roasted Radishes
You could enjoy these for breakfast or dinner.
For dinner, they pair well with any main dish. Some options are:
- Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken
- Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker Pot Roast
- Air Fryer Herb Salmon
- Ranch Spiced Steak
- Keto Cast Iron Pork Chops
- Baked Chicken Wings
More Low-Carb & Keto Recipes Using Radishes
Air Fryer Roasted Radishes
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Add the radishes, olive oil, and seasonings to a bowl and mix. Rinse the bowl and set aside.
- Place the seasoned radishes in the air fryer cooking pot in an even layer.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes per side.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!