This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This Sugar-free Lemonade recipe is the perfect thirst quencher on a hot summer day. Learn how to make keto lemonade without sugar in about 10 minutes using this easy recipe.
Why Make Keto Lemonade
There are so many reasons to love this homemade sugar-free lemonade recipe. Here are my top few:
- Low Carb and Keto Diet Option: An ice-cold glass of regular lemonade is full of sugar. This easy Keto Lemonade recipe is a great option to help you enjoy the refreshing tart flavor of traditional lemonade with none of the added sugar and carbs.
- Control over ingredients: you could absolutely buy sugar-free lemonade at the store, but I make mine at home because it’s super easy with simple ingredients. Plus, I know that it doesn’t include artificial ingredients or things like preservatives.
- Quick & easy: this healthy lemonade takes less than 10 minutes to make.
Ingredients in Sugar-free Lemonade
Making lemonade without sugar doesn’t take much. Here’s what you’ll need to gather:
- Lemons: You can choose either bottled lemon juice from the grocery store or fresh lemon juice. Fresh squeezed has a better lemon flavor, but the trade-off is having to juice the lemons yourself. I use a citrus press (or lemon squeezer) to make this so much easier.
- Keto Sweetener: powdered or granular all-natural sugar alternatives work well in the recipe. Just be sure to choose an option that is 1:1 replacement for regular white sugar.
- Cold Water
- Ice Cubes
How to Make Lemonade without Sugar
Making keto lemonade at home is simple and easy.
First, use a citrus juicer to juice about 5 lemons (photo 1).
Add the sweetener to the lemon juice in a saucepan and whisk to combine (photo 2).
Heat the mixture over medium heat until the sweetener is completely dissolved (photo 3).
Next, pour sweetened lemon juice mixture into a large pitcher. Stir in the ice, cold water and lemon slices and serve (photo 4).
Top Tips & FAQs:
- Choose your favorite sugar-free sweetener: there are many ways to sweeten this low carb lemonade recipe without the addition of sugar. Feel free to use natural sweeteners like monk fruit sweetener, organic stevia (granular or liquid stevia) or even keto maple syrup. Just be sure to sweeten the lemon juice to taste.
- Mix the lemon juice and sweetener over heat: I found this to be simpler than making a separate keto simple syrup. It also helps granular or powdered sweeteners mic in better.
Storage and Leftovers
Store your leftover lemonade in a pitcher or other airtight container for up to 5 days.
Be sure to give your drink a stir each time you enjoy it.
This recipe has 2g net carbs per serving. So, it fits in most keto macros.
I add the keto sweetener and lemon juice to a sauce pan to ensure that they are well incorporated. If you want to save time, you can heat the mixture in the microwave until the sweetener dissolves.
Sugar-free Lemonade Variations
You can make other varieties of this easy sugar-free lemonade recipe at home too.
All you need are a few extra ingredients.
- Add muddled mint for a minty twist: To do this, use a muddler to break up and crush some fresh mint leaves. Add the mint leaves to the pitcher and stir it well.
- Make Half Lemonade & Half Brewed Tea: I did this in my Blueberry Iced Tea Lemonade recipe.
- Use frozen berries in place of some ice: If you like fruity lemonade, use a cup of frozen berries in place of some of the ice in this recipe. As the berries melt, they will release a bit of their sweet flavor and add a natural color.
- Make strawberry lemonade or blueberry lemonade with a blender
- Make a sugar-free Jamaican lemonade by swapping out the lemons for fresh lime juice.
Recipes to enjoy keto lemonade with
Keto lemonade is one of the most refreshing drinks for outdoor barbecues, Fourth of July picnics, hot days, and any time you want a sweet drink.
Some of my favorite recipes to serve with a glass of lemonade include:
- any of these Keto grilling recipes
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Kabobs
- Keto BBQ Ribs
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings [+VIDEO]
- BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs
Other Sugar-free Drink Recipes
If you like sweetened drinks as I do, you’ll want to check out some of my other favorite sweet, but keto-friendly drinks. There is a drink for nearly any occasion:
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Easy Sugar-free Keto Lemonade Recipe
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Use a citrus juicer to juice about 5 lemons
- Add the keto sweetener and lemon juice to a saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Whisk the mixture occasionally until the sweetener is dissolved (about 3-4 minutes). Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Mix the cold water with the cooled sweetened lemon juice in a pitcher
- Add ice to the pitcher if serving immediately and lemon slices for garnish. Otherwise, serve each cup with about ½ cup of ice.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!