This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
An ice-cold glass of lemonade is the perfect thirst quencher on a hot summer day. But, most lemonade is full of sugar, so I’m sharing this Easy Sugar-free Keto Lemonade recipe to help you enjoy the refreshing tart flavor of traditional lemonade with none of the added sugar and carbs.
Why Make This:
- Control over ingredients: you could absolutely buy sugar-free lemonade at the store, but I make mine at home because it’s super easy and I don’t have to worry about random ingredients as well as things like preservatives.
- Quick & easy: this takes less than 10 minutes to make
Ingredients in Sugar-free Lemonade
- Lemons: You can choose either bottled lemon juice or fresh squeezed. Fresh squeezed has a better flavor, but the trade-off is having to juice the lemons yourself. I use a citrus press makes this so much easier.
- Keto Sweetener: powdered or granular all-natural sugar substitutes work well in the recipe. Just be sure to choose an option that is 1:1 replacement for regular sugar.
How to Make Sugar-free Lemonade
Making keto lemonade at home is simple and easy.
First, use a citrus juicer to juice about 5 lemons (photo 1).
Add the sweetener to the lemon juice in a saucepan and whisk to combine (photo 2).
Heat the mixture over medium heat until the sweetener is completely dissolved (photo 3).
Next, pour sweetened lemon juice mixture into a large pitcher. Stir in the ice, cold water and lemon slices and serve (photo 4).
Top Tips & FAQs:
This recipe has 2g net carbs per serving. So, it fits in most keto macros.
I add the keto sweetener and lemon juice to a sauce pan to ensure that they are well incorporated. If you want to save time, you can heat the mixture in the microwave until the sweetener dissolves.
Sugar-free Lemonade Variations
You can make other varieties of sugar-free lemonade at home too. All you need is a few extra ingredients.
- Add muddled mint for a minty twist: To do this, use a muddler to break up and crush some fresh mint leaves. Add the mint leaves to the pitcher and stir it well.
- Make Half Lemonade & Half Brewed Tea: I did this in my Blueberry Iced Tea Lemonade recipe.
- Use frozen berries in place of some ice: If you like fruity lemonade, use a cup of frozen berries in place of some of the ice in this recipe. As the berries melt, they will release a bit of their sweet flavor and add a natural color.
Recipes to enjoy keto lemonade with
Keto lemonade is the perfect refreshing drink for outdoor barbeques, Fourth of July picnics, hot days, and any time you want a sweet drink.
Some of my favorite recipes to serve with a glass of lemonade include:
Other Sugar-free Drink Recipes
If you like sweetened drinks as I do, you’ll want to check out some of my other favorite sweet, but keto-friendly drinks. There is a drink for nearly any occasion:
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Easy Sugar-free Keto Lemonade Recipe
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 4 cups Water, cold
- 1 cup Granular Sweetener, You can start with 3/4 cup sweetener and up to 1/4 cup more depending on your preferences
- 3/4 cup Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed, about 5 lemons
- 2.5 cups Ice
- 1 Lemon, optional slices for garnish
- Use a citrus juicer to juice about 5 lemons
- Add the keto sweetener and lemon juice to a saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Whisk the mixture occasionally until the sweetener is dissolved (about 3-4 minutes). Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Mix the cold water with the cooled sweetened lemon juice in a pitcher
- Add ice to the pitcher if serving immediately and lemon slices for garnish. Otherwise, serve each cup with about ½ cup of ice.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!