This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure . As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings are perfectly seasoning with a buffalo dry rub then cooked to tenderness before a quick broil. The recipe uses a few simple ingredients, yet their juiciness is unmatched. Make slow cooker chicken wings with homemade buffalo sauce to feed a crowd or for game day snack.
Why Make Crockpot Buffalo Wings
- Perfect game day snack: Prepare and snack on these juicy party wings before or during your favorite game.
- Easy way to cook chicken wings for a crowd: This dish is the perfect crowdpleaser —Easy to prep, cook and serve the most tender wings.
- Easy recipe with simple ingredients: This crockpot chicken wings recipe uses simple ingredients and has minimal prep.
These Crock Pot Buffalo Wings use common pantry ingredients. Here’s what you need to gather:
- Chicken wings: I’m using fresh wings that are cut into drums and flats. Sometimes, the grocery store also has drums-only (drumettes) or whole wings. Both of those also work.
Buffalo Wing Seasoning
This is a simple dry rub that I add to the wings while they slow cook.
- Natural Ancient Sea Salt: Optional
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Hot Sauce: I use Frank’s Hot Sauce or their Buffalo Wing Sauce. Your favorite hot sauce will also work.
- Butter: I use unsalted melted butter
Be sure to check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact ingredient amounts and full instructions.
How To Make Buffalo Wings In The Slow Cooker
- Add the wings to the crockpot. Mix the spices in a small bowl, sprinkle on the wings, and use tongs to mix to coat. Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Preheat the broiler for about 15 minutes. Remove the wings from the crockpot and add them in a single layer to a broiler-safe baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Mix the homemade buffalo sauce in a small bowl. Coat the wings with about half of the sauce.
- Broil for 4-6 minutes on high. A quick broil will char the wings and crisp the skin. Top with more buffalo sauce before serving.
Recipe Tips & FAQs
- Use the broiler for crispy skin (a preheated broiler works best).
- Feel free to switch or add another sauce to your slow cooker buffalo chicken wings. For example, you could also use your favorite bbq sauce or make my slow cooker bbq wings.
- Crock Pot Chicken Wings don’t need any extra liquid like chicken broth when slow cooking since they produce their own flavor and juices.
- Save the buffalo sauce until broiling to maintain the buffalo flavor.
- Use an Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi: you can also make this recipe using the slow cooker functions on the instant pot or Ninja Foodi. If using the Foodi, you can use the air fryer function at the end to crisp the wings instead of the broiler.
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip (Easy Homemade Recipe)
- Best Keto Blue Cheese Dressing
- Homemade Low Carb Keto Ranch Dressing Recipe
Storage & Leftovers
Store your leftover crockpot wings in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
For best results, save the buffalo sauce for last (the broiling stage) to maintain flavor.
I broil my slow cooker buffalo wings on high for about 6 minutes to crisp the skin.
Regular chicken wings are breaded and deep-fried, while buffalo wings don’t use any breading, just buffalo seasoning and sauce.
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings taste more broiled and baked when compared to my crispy baked buffalo wings or air fryer buffalo wings. To crisp these as much as possible, I avoid adding cooking liquid and use a broiler to char the skin. Lastly, I add extra sauce on the wings just before serving.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- 2/3 cup Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce
- 2 tbsp Butter, unsalted and melted
- Add the wings to the crockpot.
- Mix the spices in a small bowl. Sprinkle on the wings and use tongs to mix to coat.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Preheat the broiler for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the crockpot and add to a foil-lined broiler-safe baking sheet.
- Mix the homemade buffalo sauce in a small bowl.
- Coat the wings with about half of the sauce.
- Broil for 4-6 minutes on high to char the wings and crisp the skin.
- Top with more buffalo sauce before serving.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!