This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This easy Keto Chia Seeding Pudding recipe is a high fiber, breakfast or quick snack option. It uses simple ingredients and each serving has 2g net carbs. Make this low-carb breakfast idea without eggs ahead for the next day. While it can use any milk, it’s perfect for those who are looking for a dairy-free option like chia seed pudding with coconut milk or almond milk.
Why Make This
Here are some of my top reasons to make this keto chia pudding recipe:
- Keto Diet Option: No need to wonder whether chia seed pudding is keto with this recipe. I include all the subsitutites needed to keep this sugar-free and low-carb.
- Low-carb Breakfast Idea without eggs: Every keto and low-carb breakfast doesn’t need to include eggs. This easy recipe is super filling and light on carbs. In fact, each serving has 2g net carbs.
- Delicious way to enjoy all the health benefits of chia seeds: these tiny black seeds are big in nutrients. For example, chia seeds are a great source of healthy fats, calcium, iron, dietary fiber and more. Adding them to a creamy chia seed pudding is a tasty way to enjoy these benefits.
This low carb chia seed pudding doesn’t require much. Here’s what you’ll need to gather:
- Black Chia Seeds
- Powdered Keto Sugar: I prefer powdered keto sweetener as to granular because it is easier to mix and allows the finished result to have a smoother texture with very little mixing. You can use your sweetener of choice in this recipe like monk fruit, allulose, keto maple syrup, and stevia.
- Milk: This recipe is super flexible. I chose to make this without dairy products and often use unsweetened almond milk, cashew milk, or coconut milk.
- Vanilla Extract: this adds a vanilla flavor that I enjoy. I’ve swapped this with other flavored extracts to make flavors like banana and caramel.
- Fresh Fruit: this is completely optional, but a great way to add flavor to your keto pudding.
You can get the full list of ingredient amounts and instructions from the full recipe card at the end of the post.
How to Make Keto Chia Seed Pudding
Making creamy keto chia pudding is pretty easy. In fact, it takes just two simple steps.
- Add the ingredients to a mason jar, food processor, or blender.
- Mix to incorporate. Sit in the mixed refrigerator overnight.
Top Tips & FAQs
- Serve hot or cold: I personally make this ahead and serve it cold. But, if you want to make chia seed pudding in a rush, you can heat the mixture to soften the seeds quickly and eat it more like a porrige.
- Mix to incorporate, not crush: you simply want to pulse or stir the mixture with a spoon so that the extract and sweetener are incorporated.
- Sweeten to taste: I enjoy this as I would a pudding. So, I like it fairly sweet. You can adjust the sweetness to taste by adding the sweetener, stirring, and tasting.
Storage & Leftovers
This easy keto chia pudding should be made ahead and enjoyed the next day.
I typically make a big batch and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yes. Any food will break intermittent fasting. Most people following IF will only drink black coffee, unsweetened tea, or water.
This is up to you. To make a decision about chia seeds, you should consider chia seed nutrition facts. They are 1g net carb per serving because each serving (2 tablespoons) has 12 grams of carbs and 11 grams of fiber. This recipe has 2g net carbs per serving.
More Keto Chia Seed Pudding Recipes
This recipe is the perfect base or starter for other creamy chia pudding recipes. Here are some other ideas:
- Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding: this keto chocolate chia pudding uses unsweetened cocoa powder. You can add things like sugar-free chocolate chips and peanut butter or almond butter for more flavor.
- Chia Seed Pudding with Coconut Milk
- Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding
More Quick Breakfast Options
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Keto Chia Seed Pudding
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Add the ingredients to a jar or blender
- Mix to incorporate with a spoon or using the pulse function.
- Add to an air-tight container. Sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- Optional: Top with berries, unsweetened shredded coconut, or sliced nuts
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!