This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Air Fryer Bacon is one of my most popular recipes, but what happens if you don’t eat pork? Well, this Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Turkey Bacon tutorial is for you! It’s made specially with Turkey bacon since it doesn’t cook the same as pork bacon. Ready in as little as 8 minutes and doesn’t require you to constantly flip the bacon to get it evenly crispy. Enjoy this with air fryer eggs or almond flour pancakes. You can also use it in Cobb salad.
Why Make This
- Quick & easy: Enjoy Turkey Bacon in as little as 8 minutes without fuss.
- Tested with Turkey Bacon: regular pork bacon does not cook the same as Turkey Bacon because Turkey Bacon is much leaner. So, use this tutorial when you want to make air fried Turkey bacon.
- Flip once and done: bacon in a skillet requires frequently flipping if you want your bacon crisped evenly. By making your turkey bacon in the air fryer, you just need to flip it once.
- Turkey Bacon: I used a full 8oz package of no sugar added Turkey bacon.
- Avocado Oil Spray: Since Turkey bacon is leaner than regular bacon, I add a few sprays of avocado oil to keep the bacon moist while it cooks. If you don’t have avocado oil, any of these oils for air frying work too!
How to Make Air Fryer Turkey Bacon in 4 Easy Steps
- Add the Turkey bacon to the cooking basket.
- Spray it with avocado oil.
- Air fry at 390 degrees for 5 minutes
- Flip the bacon, spray it with more avocado oil, if needed, and continue cooking for 3-5 more minutes.
Top Tips & FAQs
- Cook to desired crispness: one of the benefits of making Turkey bacon in the Ninja Foodi air fryer is that you can always pop open the lid. After cooking the first side, cooked it for 3 minutes, then popped open the lid every 2 minutes to see if it was done enough for me.
- Keep it low-carb with no added sugar bacon: bacon is sometimes packed with sugar. So, to cut carbs, I use the no sugar added packs.
This depends on how crisp or well done you’d like your bacon to be. Turkey Bacon is fully cooked though. So, you just need to heat it through. This can take as little as 8 minutes.
By sitting your bacon in the air fryer basket, most of the fat drips down to the cooking pot. For me, not only is this easier than cooking bacon in a skillet, but it also allows the bacon to crisp without having to fry it in its own drippings
When you make bacon in the Ninja Foodi, the grease drips down to the cooking pot. You can opt to discard the drippings or save it to use as a cooking fat in other recipes like my seared scallops.
Recipes to Enjoy This With
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 8 oz Turkey bacon, I used the no sugar added kind
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Add the Turkey bacon to the cooking basket. Spray it with avocado oil.
- Air Fry at 390 degrees for 5 minutes
- Flip the bacon and spray with more oil if needed. Air Fry at 390 degrees for 3-5 more minutes.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!