This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This Air Fryer Turkey Bacon recipe is a leaner option for my ninja foodi air fryer pork bacon. Ready in as little as 8 minutes, learn how to get evenly crispy turkey bacon in the air fryer with this easy tutorial.
Why Make This
- Quick & easy: enjoy this delicious turkey bacon in as little as 8 minutes without fuss. Its simple cooking process makes this turkey bacon air fryer recipe perfect for busy mornings.
- Tested with Turkey Bacon: regular pork bacon (or traditional bacon) does not cook the same as turkey bacon because turkey bacon is much leaner. So, use this tutorial when you want to make the best air fried turkey bacon.
- Flip once and done: bacon in a skillet requires frequent flipping if you want your bacon crisped evenly. By making your turkey bacon in the air fryer, you just need to flip it once, which will still give you crisp, crunchy bacon.
- Great for meal prep: turkey bacon is the perfect meal starter. Enjoy this with air fryer hard boiled eggs or almond flour pancakes for breakfast. You can also use it in Cobb salad for lunch or dinner.
Making air fried turkey bacon is simple, you just need two ingredients.
- Turkey Bacon: I used a full 8oz package of no sugar added turkey bacon. I like using Applegate turkey bacon, which is a great option, but you can get whatever brand of turkey bacon you want from the grocery store.
- Avocado Oil Spray: Since turkey bacon is leaner than regular bacon, I add a few sprays of avocado oil to keep the bacon strips moist while it cooks. If you don’t have avocado oil, any of these oils for air frying work too!
Be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for the full instructions and amounts.
How to Make Turkey Bacon in the Air Fryer
- Pat dry your slices of bacon with paper towel.
- Add the turkey bacon to the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Spray it with avocado oil.
- Air fry at 390 degrees for a cooking time of 5 minutes
- Flip the bacon, spray it with more avocado oil, if needed, and continue cooking for 3-5 more minutes. This is a great way to produce crispy turkey bacon.
Top Tips & FAQs
- Cook to desired crispness: one of the benefits of cooking turkey bacon in the Ninja Foodi air fryer is that you can always pop open the lid. After cooking the first side, I cooked it for 3 minutes, then I pop open the lid every 2 minutes to see if it was done enough for me. This is my go-to method and the easiest way to make crispy bacon in a quick cook time.
- Keep it low-carb with no added sugar bacon: bacon is sometimes packed with sugar. So, to cut carbs, I use the no sugar added packs.
How to Store Air-Fried Turkey Bacon
The best way to store any leftover turkey bacon is in an airtight container for the next day (up to 3-4 days).
This depends on the level of crispness or how well done you’d like your slices of turkey bacon to be. Turkey Bacon is fully cooked through. So, you just need to heat it through. This can take as little as 8 minutes.
By placing your bacon in the air fryer basket, most of the fat drips down to the cooking pot (or air fryer tray), resulting in fewer calories. For me, not only is this easier than cooking bacon in a skillet, but it also allows the bacon to crisp without having to fry it in its own drippings
When you cook bacon in the Ninja Foodi, the grease drips down to the cooking pot. You can opt to discard the drippings or save it to use as a cooking fat in other recipes like my seared scallops.
Recipes to Enjoy This With
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 8 oz Turkey bacon, I used the no sugar added kind
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Add the Turkey bacon to the cooking basket. Spray it with avocado oil.
- Air Fry at 390 degrees for 5 minutes
- Flip the bacon and spray with more oil if needed. Air Fry at 390 degrees for 3-5 more minutes.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!