This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Make roasted garlic quickly and easily with this Air Fryer Roasted Garlic Bulbs recipe. It takes less than 20 minutes and can be used in any recipe that requires fresh, minced, or roasted garlic cloves.
Why Roast Garlic Bulbs in the Air Fryer
- Quicker than roasting in the oven: whether you are roasting garlic or roasting broccoli, it is always quicker and easier to use an air fryer. It takes half the cook time and gives the same result.
- Takes flavor of dishes to next level: roasted garlic bulbs is more fragrant and flavorful than regular garlic. So, when you substitute it in recipes, you take your dishes to the next level
- Garlic bulbs: I use between one and four depending on what I need
- Sea salt and pepper: I’m using just a few dashes of each of these. However, you can omit both if you wish
- Olive oil: I’m using olive oil, but you could also use other cooking fats like butter, avocado oil, ghee or coconut oil.
How to Make Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
- Cut the garlic: you want to cut enough off the top to expose the tops of the garlic cloves
- Add to foil & season: add your garlic cloves to the foil and season them with the olive oil, salt and pepper
- Seal and air fry: seal your garlic bulbs in the foil tightly and air fry them for 15 – 20 minutes.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Use more time for more garlic bulbs: I vary the cook time based on how many garlic bulbs I’d like to roast. I tend to use 15-16 minutes for one bulb and 18-20 for 3-4 garlic bulbs.
- Swap roasted garlic for any recipe requiring minced garlic, fresh garlic or garlic cloves
- Allow the packet to cool: the packet will be hot so it’s important to allow it to cool. I personally find it cool to the touch after 5 minutes.
Recipes to Enjoy Roasted Garlic With:
You can use air fryer roasted garlic with just about any dish that you’d use garlic cloves with. Some from the site are:
- Keto Marinara Sauce
- Keto Alfredo Sauce
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi
- Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic Bulb
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Place the garlic bulb on a piece of foil. Top it with olive oil, sea salt and black pepper
- Pull up the sides of the foil and close the foil around the bulb to create a bit of a packet
- Air Fry the closed packet for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees. Please see the blog post for how the garlic turns out depending on the time chosen.
- Turn off the air fryer and allow the packet to cool for about 5 minutes (or when it's cool to the touch)
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!