One of my favorite snacks is Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips w/ Spinach Dip, but I haven’t had them in a while because EVERY 6 CHIPS has 17G of NET CARBS. Since most of us would NOT stop at 6 chips, I made some swaps to make this snack dish clean (full of real food), keto-friendly & low-carb! I swapped the tortillas that I would normally have in this dish with Southern Recipe Small Batch Cilantro Lime Oven Baked Pork Rinds. Each bag has a total of less than 7g of carbs! The recipe for this super easy dip is below! It tastes a ton better than the stuff you buy from the store so it’s worth all of the 30 minutes it takes to make this! Enjoy.
- 3 sweet baby red peppers, sliced thinly
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 jalapeño, sliced thinly (optional)
- 1 - 5-oz package of baby kale
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp butter or other healthy fat
- 1 - 8.5oz can of artichokes, drained and roughly chopped into small bits
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 oz full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (optional for bubbly crust)
- 1 bag of Southern Recipe Small Batch Cilantro Lime (You can get it here)
SOME HELPFUL TIPS
USE PARMESAN CRISPS IF YOU DON'T EAT PORK
WE LOVE SPICY FOOD
My husband and I are a fan of spicy food. Typically, this means that I do not take the time to de-seed and de-vein peppers like jalapenos. You should devein your jalapenos if you wish. You might also omit this from the dish.
BROILING/BAKING IS OPTIONAL
This dip is ready to eat after you mix all of the ingredients. To have a restaurant quality finish (bubbly cheese crust on top of the dip), I put this in the oven with Mozzarella Cheese on top!
YOU CAN QUICKLY SOFTEN CREAM CHEESE IN THE MICROWAVE
Most times, I start cooking and forget to take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator to soften. To save time/correct my mistake, I remove the cream cheese from its foil-like wrapper and warm the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl for 30-60 seconds.
OK TO SWAP KALE FOR SPINACH
This recipe usually has spinach. You could definitely use that or any green that you’d prefer.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees or broiler on low if you intend to complete step #5
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat
- Add 1 tbsp butter or another healthy fat to the pan
- Sauté the baby bell peppers, yellow onions, jalapeno, baby kale, and garlic until they are soft (~8 minutes)
- Add the sauteed vegetables and remaining ingredients (save the mozzarella) to a mixing bowl and combine
- Optional: Put the mix in a broiler-safe dish, top it with mozzarella. Broil on Low until the mozzarella gets brown and bubbly (~2 minutes). If you don't have a broiler-safe dish, just bake this for about 10 minutes, or until the mozzarella gets brown and bubbly.
- Enjoy with your pork rinds