This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This Keto Taco Salad is an easy, low-carb option for taco supreme at home. Here, you’ll find everything that’s needed like my recipes for taco meat, guacamole, Pico De Gallo salsa & clean taco seasoning.
Why Make This
Taco Supreme was one of my favorite options at Taco Bell. There is something about the toppings that were refreshing & delicious!
But, if you’re wanting to eat real food with real ingredients, some of what’s available for take-out isn’t ideal.
In this easy keto taco salad recipe, I skip the taco shells and wraps to cut carbs. Then, layer bowls of fresh romaine lettuce with homemade taco meat and fresh toppings!
- Romaine lettuce: iceberg lettuce also works too.
- Taco meat: I seasoned this with my homemade taco seasoning, but you can also use your favorite option from the market too.
- Taco Toppings: The options for toppings for this salad are endless. But, I’m using shaved sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, cherry tomatoes, and red onions. Other options are radishes, limes, Mexican cheese blends and more.
How to Make This
Make Taco Meat:
Sauté the onions in a skillet. Then, add ground beef to the pan (photos 1-2).
Brown the ground beef and add taco seasoning (photos 3-4).
Assemble the Salad:
Layer your favorite toppings on a bowl or plate of lettuce (photos 5-6).
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs:
- Save time by buying some toppings: You can easily make keto taco salad with ingredients that you can pick up, ready to eat from the store. For example, the fresh foods section in most markets has fresh guacamole and pico de gallo for sale daily. To save time, you can allow your local market to do some of the prep for you.
- Customize to your tastes: this salad includes many of my favorite taco toppings and doesn’t include a dressing. Feel free to adjust this to your tastes and preferences. The options are endless.
This meal contains a lot of vegetables so it generally includes quite a few carbs. But, vegetables also have a lot of fiber so each serving of this dish has 11g net carbs.
More Low-Carb Mexican Food:
If you are a fan of Keto Mexican Food, then you are definitely in luck. The real food ingredients and fresh foods make it easy to adapt and adjust to a ketogenic lifestyle.
On this site, you should check my Breakfast Taco Bowl, Keto Nachos, easy pan-seared chicken breast with cilantro lime sauce, or my Keto Burrito Bowls, which is a great option if you’re doing a Keto Meal Prep.
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Keto Taco Salad Supreme
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
Pico de Gallo
- 2 off the vine tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small white onion, thinly diced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly diced (we like our food spicy so I didn’t remove the seeds or veins)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
Other Toppings & Salad
- Sour Cream
- 10 oz romaine lettuce, I used the bagged kind that’s triple washed
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar, shaved
- Add all of the ingredients for the Pico De Gallo to a small bowl. Mix with a fork. Refrigerate and allow the flavors to meld.
- Add all of the ingredients for the Guacamole to a small bowl. Mix with a fork. Refrigerate and allow the flavors to meld.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet to medium-high heat
- Add the sliced onions and saute until translucent (~3 minutes)
- Add the ground meat to the pan and cook until brown
- Add the taco seasoning and mix to combine. Taste the meat. Decide if you’d like more salt (1/4 tsp should be enough).
- Add the lettuce, taco meat, sharp cheddar, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!