This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Taco Supreme was one of my favorite options at Taco Bell. There is something about the toppings that were refreshing & delicious! This Keto Taco Supreme Salad recipe is an easy, low-carb option for taco supreme at home. In this post, I share how to make a keto taco salad and give directions for making guacamole, salsa & clean taco seasoning, too.
Ingredients in Keto Taco Salad Supreme:
A keto-friendly taco salad includes all that you would expect in a regular taco. The only difference is that since this is a salad, it does not contain the carbs from the taco shell or wrap.
Specifically, this keto salad features:
- Romaine lettuce (Iceberg lettuce also works too)
- Taco meat that is seasoned with my homemade taco seasoning
- Freshly shaved sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
How to Make a Keto Taco Salad:
Making this salad is super easy:
- Make your cold toppings like salsa & guacamole by mixing their ingredients in a bowl
- Make the taco meat by browning it in a pan with the taco seasoning
- Assemble your salad by adding the lettuce, taco meat, sharp cheddar, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole to a plate
A Time-saving Tip when making Taco Salad Supreme
You can easily make this salad with ingredients that you can pick up, ready to eat from the store. For example, the fresh foods section in most markets has fresh guacamole and pico de gallo for sale daily.
To save time, you might choose to buy some of the ingredients prepared from the market instead of making your own.
Making Taco Meat – A Recipe for Clean Taco Seasoning
Clean eating is a way of eating in which people don’t eat processed foods. It’s slightly different from keto because there’s no focus on carbs, fats or proteins. The goal is simple: just eat real food.
While I enjoy some processed things, I prefer to have clean spice mixes. When it comes to taco seasoning this is important because the ones at the store often include cornstarch or other random things that my stomach doesn’t like.
I seasoned the taco meat in this Keto Taco Salad Supreme with my clean, taco seasoning recipe. I store this in a glass jar and use it as I need it.
How many carbs are in keto taco salad?
This meal contains a lot of vegetables so it generally includes quite a few carbs. But, vegetables also have a lot of fiber so each serving of this dish has 11g net carbs.
When I eat this dish, I have it as an entree.
Love Low-Carb Mexican Food?
If you are a fan of Keto Mexican Food, then you are definitely in luck. The real food ingredients and fresh foods make it easy to adapt and adjust to a ketogenic lifestyle.
On this site, you should check my Breakfast Taco Bowl, Keto Nachos, easy pan-seared chicken breast with cilantro lime sauce, or my Keto Margarita Lime Shrimp Bowl. Another one of my favorites is Keto Burrito Bowls, which is a great option if you’re doing a Keto Meal Prep.
Easy Keto Shrimp Tacos RecipeGet this recipe
If you’d prefer to have taco flavors, but as a soup, then you might also be interested in this Low Carb Chicken Taco Soup. It’s such an easy one-pot meal idea!
Loaded Pork RindsGet this recipe
Keto Taco Salad Supreme
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
Pico de Gallo
- 2 off the vine tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small white onion, thinly diced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly diced (we like our food spicy so I didn’t remove the seeds or veins)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
Other Toppings & Salad
- Sour Cream
- 10 oz romaine lettuce, I used the bagged kind that's triple washed
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar, shaved
- Add all of the ingredients for the Pico De Gallo to a small bowl. Mix with a fork. Refrigerate and allow the flavors to meld.
- Add all of the ingredients for the Guacamole to a small bowl. Mix with a fork. Refrigerate and allow the flavors to meld.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet to medium-high heat
- Add the sliced onions and saute until translucent (~3 minutes)
- Add the ground meat to the pan and cook until brown
- Add the taco seasoning and mix to combine. Taste the meat. Decide if you'd like more salt (1/4 tsp should be enough).
- Add the lettuce, taco meat, sharp cheddar, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!