This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
When you have a taste for something sweet, but don’t feel like baking, mug cakes always come to the rescue. This easy 2-minute Keto Peanut Butter Mug Cake is no different. It’s fluffy and moist, filled with creamy peanut butter flavor and has a surprise of chocolate chips. Great as a quick dessert or snack for one or two people!
Why Make This
- Takes two minutes: if you’re having a craving for cake, then mug cakes are the easiest options. You can simply mix the ingredients in a small bowl and heat for 60-90 seconds
- Uses common ingredients: this keto peanut butter mug cake uses common pantry ingredients like almond flour, peanut butter, and keto sweetener.
- Perfect for two people: you’ll notice that cooked mug cake more than doubles in size. So, a little batter goes a long way. Enjoy this as an easy dessert for two.
- almond flour: this recipe was specifically tested with almond flour. You cannot substitute coconut flour.
- peanut butter: You can use creamy or crunchy texture. I get the unsweetened varieties. Be sure to make sure that your peanut butter is warm so that it is easy to mix.
- Choczero Sugar-free Milk Chocolate Chips: while there are a few brands of sugar-free milk chocolate chips available at the market, I opt to use these because of the taste, but also because they are very low-carb (just 1g net carbs per serving).
- baking powder: helps the cake rise
- egg: gives the cake some structure
How to Make This
Melt your butter and peanut butter in a small bowl for 30 seconds. This ensures both can be easily whisked.
Add, then whisk in all remaining mug cake ingredients in the bowl.
Divide the batter between two mugs or just keep the batter in the bowl.
Top with keto milk chocolate chips. Microwave for 60-90 seconds.
Enjoy keto peanut butter mug cake with no or all of your favorite toppings. Some that I recommend are:
- keto whipped cream: you can use my recipe or one that you pick up from the store
- sugar-free milk chocolate chips: I found that a tablespoon goes a long way
- more warmed peanut butter
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Cook time depends on the size of your mug or bowl – When I divide the batter into two servings, I microwave each mug for 60 seconds. If I keep the batter in the same bowl I mixed the mug cake in, I microwave it for 90 seconds
- Melted peanut butter makes it easy to mix
Is peanut butter keto-friendly?
Unsweetened Peanut Butter has about 5g net carbs. I personally like dividing the batter into two servings to keep the carb count low.
Can you substitute coconut flour?
No. Coconut flour and almond flour cannot be substituted 1:1.
More Keto Mug Cake Recipes
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Keto Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
Mug Cake Base
- Add the peanut butter and butter to a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining mug cake base ingredients and whisk to incorporate.
- Divide the batter between two mugs or just keep the batter in the bowl.
- Top the batter with sugar-free milk chocolate chips
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!