There is nothing like a delicious, warm Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll. The way that your teeth sinks into the layers of buttery, flakey dough, brown sugar, and glaze is everything! However, few low-carb and keto-eaters enjoy these because each roll has nearly 900 calories, including 127g of carbs! Today, I’m teaming up with Sukrin USA to bring this sweet treat back into our lives. If you haven’t heard of Sukrin USA, they have a line of all natural, 0-calorie sugar replacements along with all-natural, whole food baking mixes and flours. I first started using them a while back when I was starting keto and wanted brown sugar, but there were no keto-friendly brown sugar substitutes. Since then, I’ve had their other sugar-free products like the Strawberry Jam, Sukrin:1, Almond Flour, and Sukrin Icing (Powdered Sugar).
If you’re interested in trying Sukrin USA products, they are offering 10% off all orders placed on their site (it’s cheaper than Amazon) with the code Davinah2018.
This recipe makes 8-10 Keto Maple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls.
Sweet Fathead Dough
Cinnamon Pecan Filling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Mix the almond flour, baking powder and Sukrin:1 in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a large microwave safe mixing bowl
- Heat the cheeses in the microwave for 45 seconds
- Use a mixing spatula to incorporate the cheese
- Heat the cheese mixture again for 45 seconds
- Add the almond flour mixture, the beaten egg, and the maple extract
- Mix until well incorporated and a ball of dough forms. When I first tried this recipe, I used the normal amount of almond flour for fathead dough (~3/4 cups), but the dough was too sticky. If yours is sticky just add a tablespoon of almond flour at a time until you can pick up the dough without it sticking to your hands.
- Cover the ball of dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 5-10 minutes. This allowed the dough to firm up a bit more and cool down.
- Place the dough in between two baking pan sized pieces of parchment paper. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Make the Cinnamon Pecan Filling by combining all of the ingredients. Use a baking spatula to spread it over the rolled out dough.
- Create the roll by starting at one end of the dough and rolling it toward the other end
- Use a knife to cut the cinnamon rolls.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in a pie pan or place each roll in the cup of a jumbo muffin tin.
- Bake the rolls for 15-17 minutes or until the tops of the tops of the rolls are golden
- Create the cream cheese icing by combining all of the ingredients. Top the cinnamon rolls with the icing immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe Nutrition Facts
Check out my other recipes with Sukrin Products: