I decided to switch things up a bit and have a green-tea-based drink instead of my morning butter coffee! However, after doing some searching for copycat Matcha Creme Frappuccino recipes, I realized that even though green tea sounds innocent when ordering this drink while out, many chains, including Starbucks, actually have sugar in their matcha powder! This means that if you spend the time to get matcha and request sugar-free vanilla syrup, you’re cutting carbs, but essentially wasting time since there’s already enough sugar in the powder to knock you out of ketosis. In fact, the Starbucks Tall version of Matcha Creme Frappuccino with almond milk has 43g net carbs. I’m sharing this recipe so that those who want matcha minus the sugar can have this delicious blended drink. This recipe uses Fat Snax’s Fat Tea Matcha! Not only is it sugar-free, but it includes MCT Oil powder. To keep this true to the ingredients of butter coffee, I added some Collagen Peptides. This drink has 4g net carbs!
- 1 packet Fat Snax, Fat Tea Matcha
- 2 tbsp Swerve, Granular You can use Confectioner’s, but you’ll need ~3 tbsp
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk I used unsweetened, Vanilla Malk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Collagen Peptides (Unflavored) Two options are Vital Proteins and Perfect Keto
- 2 cups ice
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- Whipped Cream optional
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth (less than 1 minute).
Recipe Nutrition Facts