This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This 15-minute Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe is one of my favorite keto-friendly copycat Chinese takeout recipes. It only requires less than 10 ingredients and one pan. Since riced cauliflower replaces regular rice, it’s a great side dish for anyone looking for keto, low-carb, paleo & Whole30 fried rice options.
Why Make This:
Fried rice is one of my favorite Asian side dishes. I could eat it all the time- if it wasn’t full of all the carbs I avoid. Rice is chock full of carbs.
Fortunately, cauliflower rice makes an excellent substitute for any kind of rice, which means you can use cauliflower rice and still enjoy a great tasting fried rice. And, it will pair well with other keto-friendly Chinese takeout recipes.
As an added bonus, you don’t need to cook the rice ahead of time. This can save some time and allow you to make cauliflower fried rice even on a busy week night.
Cauliflower fried rice is one of those easy, one pan meals or sides. All the ingredients cook up nicely together.
All you need for cauliflower fried rice is:
- olive oil: you could swap this for other cooking oils like coconut oil and avocado oil
- eggs: brown or white eggs work well. I used the large size
- green onions
- cauliflower rice: I’m using the frozen kind
- Fish Sauce
- Coconut Aminos: this is a great swap for soy sauce. I’ve used both in this dish with great results
- mixed vegetables: these come from the freezer section in the market. They tend to have a mix of corn, peas, and carrots.
How to Make Keto Fried Rice:
Making keto cauliflower fried rice is about as simple as the ingredient’s list.
You start by heating up the olive oil over medium high heat in a medium to large pan. While it heats, you can slice up the green onion (that’s the only chopping you need to do).
When the oil is nice and hot, crack the three eggs directly into a large skillet. They should look like you are making sunny side up fried eggs.
After about a minute, add in the green onions and use a rubber spatula to scramble the eggs together with the green onions.
Cook the eggs for about a minute or until fully cooked.
Once the eggs are cooked, add in the cauliflower rice, remaining oil, fish sauce, and coconut aminos to the pan. Mix it together well with the spatula.
The cauliflower rice needs to cook for about 8 minutes so that it is tender. Serve it hot out of the pan.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs:
- Cook until the liquid clears: to ensure that this dish turns out more like rice and less like mush, it’s important to start with a hot pan and cook until the liquid clears. This means that some of the cauliflower rice will get a bit toasted.
- Pre-cook proteins to prevent under or over cooking: if you want to make shrimp cauliflower rice or even chicken fried cauliflower rice, you should precook the protein. Simply add them back in the pan during the last few minutes of cooking.
How many carbs & calories are in this Cauliflower Fried Recipe?
Keto cauliflower fried rice is low in carbs and calories per serving.
A single serving of cauliflower fried rice has only 4 grams of net carbs. And it will only add 129 calories to your calorie count for the day.
Cauliflower Fried Rice Variations
If you want to add more protein to your cauliflower fried rice and make it a bit more filling, you can try adding some of these meats:
Making Keto Fried Rice a Meal
Adding in the proteins like shrimp, chicken, pork, or kimchi can make cauliflower fried rice a filling meal.
But you can also pair cauliflower fried rice with other recipes to make a balanced meal. Three options from the site are:
Other Cauliflower Rice Recipes
If you love cauliflower rice, you should check out some of my other recipes that use it. You’re sure to find one that suits your needs and desires:
- Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Keto Jambalaya
- Spanish Cauliflower Rice
- Keto Risotto
- Keto Grits
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Low Carb Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium-high heat
- Crack 3 eggs into the pan (it should look like you are making sunny side up eggs)
- Add green onions to pan and use a spatula to scramble the eggs and green onions (~1 minute to ensure egg is fully cooked)
- Add cauliflower rice (and frozen mixed vegetables, if you are using) to the skillet along with remaining olive oil, fish sauce and coconut aminos
- Mix with a spatula until rice is tender and all the liquid clears (10 – 12 minutes). Some of the riced cauliflower will look browned and toasted.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!