This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
My favorite Thanksgiving dish is cornbread dressing because it’s the perfect blend of sweet & savory. But, for keto, it’s a no-go because of the cornmeal and sugar. This easy Cornbread Keto Stuffing recipe is a low-carb and gluten-free Thanksgiving dressing alternative. It features my keto cornbread recipe, sautéd vegetables, meat (optional) and spices. Ready in under 40 minutes and has about 4g net carbs.
Why Make Keto Dressing
- Tastes like the real thing minus the carbs: this version has about 4g net carbs per serving
- Save your holiday carbs for some other dish: Thanksgiving comes once a year and if you are trying to have balance without going overboard, why not cut carbs where you can and save the rest for something else
- Try a new way to enjoy stuffing, especially if you’ve never been a fan: personally, I do not like the taste or texture of Thanksgiving dressing that uses regular bread. So, I’ve always eaten cornbread stuffing as an alternative
Keto Cornbread Batter
I’m listing the ingredients for keto cornbread batter below. I also include the directions for how to make the batter in the recipe card for this post.
If you’d like to know how to make keto cornbread by itself, you can head over to that post for baking instructions. They are slightly different for how to make keto cornbread stuffing.
- Almond Flour: I’m using super fine blanched almond flour.
- Keto Sweetener: I’m using the powdered variety so that it’s easy to mix. But, you can substitute a granular sweetener if you wish
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Eggs: you should beat these so that they are easy to mix.
- Butter: I’m using this melted so that it is easy to mix
Keto Stuffing Mix-ins
- Carrots: If you are following a strict keto way of eating, you can skip the carrots since it is a root vegetable. But, this recipe uses 3/4 cup of carrots, which has about 6g net carbs. Across 12 servings, this adds about .5 net carbs per serving to the dish.
- Meat (optional): sausage, impossible sausage, smoked Turkey
- Herb Seasoning: this is one of my favorite spice mixes since it includes more than 24 herbs.
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Keto Stuffing
- Make keto cornbread batter
- Sauté the mix-ins
- Fold in the mix-ins
Top Recipe FAQs & Tips
- Meat (optional): this recipe tastes great with just vegetables as add-ins. However, you can make this with meat if you wish. Simply brown the meat first before sautéing the vegetables.
- Plant-based Meat: we have a few pescatarians in my family. So, the version pictured is made this with Impossible savory sausage. But, you could use the spicy variety too!
- Bake until the center is set
- Use superfine, blanched almond flour: as I mentioned in my keto cornbread recipe post, this flour is important for the final outcome. So, don’t skip out on it.
Recipes to Enjoy this with
This recipe is a staple on my keto Thanksgiving menu. Here are some other options to enjoy this keto stuffing with:
- Pressure Cooker Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Pressure Cooker Cabbage
- Ninja Foodi Pot Roast
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
- Keto Cranberry Sauce
- Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken
- Mashed Cauliflower and Keto Gravy
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Keto Cornbread Stuffing Recipe
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 1 ½ cups Almond Flour, I'm using superfine blanched
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sweetener, I like my cornbread to be sweet, but you could use 1/4 cup of sweetener if you wish
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 large Eggs
- 4 tbsp Butter, Melted
Keto Dressing Mix-ins
- 1/3 lb Italian Sausage, about 1 large link, you can also use breakfast sausage, or savory Impossible sausage
- 3 tbsp Avocado oil, if using meat, you can saute the vegetables in that fat instead
- 3/4 cup carrots, about 3 small carrots, chopped
- 3/4 cup Yellow Onion, about 1 small onion diced
- 3/4 cup celery, about 2 stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 2 tsp 24 Herbs Sprinkle Seasoning (Salt-free)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
For the Keto Cornbread Batter
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk
- Add the wet ingredients to a bowl and whisk
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
For the Keto Dressing Mix-ins
- If you're using sausage meat: brown the meat in a skillet over medium heat. Set aside and reserve 2-3 tbsp of the fat.
- If you're not using meat or using a plant-based meat alternative: heat 3 tbsp of avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the vegetables and spices. Saute until the carrots are tender.
For the Keto Stuffing
- Fold in the sauteed vegetables and other mix-ins into the keto cornbread batter.
- Add the keto stuffing mixture to a baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until it is browned on top and the center is set.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!