This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Roasted Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs doesn’t get any easier with this four-ingredient air fryer chicken thighs recipe. It’s perfect when you want a main dish without the hassle of turning on the oven, making a chicken dry rub or even flipping the meat. I save time and pack on flavor by using one of my favorite store-bought salt-free herb spice mixes. Enjoy this with sides like my keto mushroom risotto or air fryer green beans to make a meal.
Why Make This
- 4 ingredients: all you need is chicken thighs, spices, salt and cooking oil
- Easy: this recipe works great for all levels of cooks since you only need to season the meat and add it to your air fryer.
- Great for meal prep: this roasted chicken tastes great for lunch or dinner. I personally use it on salads, as a replacement for deli meat (cold cuts), in chicken dips, and with hot side dishes like cauliflower mac and cheese or cauliflower pilaf.
- Chicken Thighs: In this recipe, I’m using boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
- Avocado Oil: This helps to provide some fat so that the chicken does not stick. It also helps the spices stick to the meat.
- Salt-free Herb Spice: this is one of my favorite all-purpose spices. I’ve used it in everything from keto cornbread stuffing to air fryer Italian sausage, roasted air fryer chicken legs, and wings. It’s available at most markets in the spice aisle.
- Sea Salt: I’m using fine sea salt.
How to Cook Boneless Chicken Thighs in an Air Fryer
The process for cooking these is similar to my dry rub chicken thighs.
- Add the oil and spices to the chicken in a large bowl or ziploc bag. Toss to coat the chicken.
- Put the seasoned chicken thighs in the air fryer cooking basket
- Air fry on 400 degrees until the meat reaches 165 degrees.
Since the meat is skinless, it’s not necessary to flip the meat halfway through.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Salt to Taste: I use 1/2 tsp of sea salt per pound of meat. But, one of the great things about starting with a salt-free spice blend is that you can adjust the salt to your preference. You can use less salt or no salt at all for a low sodium option.
- Check for donness at 20 minutes: Depending on how large your chicken thighs are, they might cook in your air fryer quicker than the time stated in the recipe. You can open the lid to begin checking for donness around 20 minutes.
- Season ahead for quick no-fuss meals: if you’re doing a meal prep, you can add the spices to the meat up to two days before cooking.
More Recipes to Enjoy this with
You can enjoy these with almost any side dish. Some other options are:
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Add the chicken to a large bowl or Ziploc bag
- Add the herb spice, sea salt, and oil to the bowl with the chicken. Then, evenly coat it with the seasoning and oil
- Add the chicken thighs to the air fryer cooking basket.
- Air Crisp the chicken thighs at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!