This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Turn my Cajun Shrimp recipe into a meal with this easy Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp & Broccoli recipe. It takes just a few ingredients like my homemade Cajun seasoning and garlic butter. Plus, you make everything from frozen, which means you don’t have to remember to thaw anything. This low-carb meal is ready in about 15 minutes and even my little baby approves!
Why Make This
- Takes 15 minutes to prepare: one of the things I learned from being a new mom is that you need a list of go-to easy meals. This one is no fuss & comes together in 15 minutes.
- Cooks from frozen: I use frozen shrimp and frozen broccoli to make this air fryer meal. This is literally the epitome of a no-fuss dish. Just dump all of the ingredients in the Ninja Foodi cooking pot and stir once.
- Shrimp: I purchased raw (uncooked) peeled and deveined frozen large shrimp from the market. You do not need to thaw the shrimp out for this recipe. It’s ok to have the tail-on, but I personally prefer not to have the rest of the shells to make this super easy to eat.
- Cajun Seasoning: I’m using my homemade recipe. You can swap the this for any other low-sodium spice blend that you choose.
- Garlic Butter: I use this 5-minute compound butter on everything from air fryer steak to garlic butter chicken. In this recipe, it creates an easy butter sauce that has fresh minced garlic and parsley.
- Avocado Oil: When I use fresh broccoli florets, a little of this goes a long way to keeping the broccoli moist as it gets a head start in cooking.
- Broccoli Florets: you can use fresh or frozen broccoli florets. Frozen broccoli cooks faster since it doesn’t need a head start, but either way, this meal is ready in 15 minutes.
- Sea Salt: You can keep this on hand in case you’d like to salt to taste, but I doubt you’ll need it.
How to Make Frozen Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- For Fresh Broccoli: Add the broccoli to the bottom of the cooking pot (no air fryer basket insert needed). Drizzle with avocado oil. Air Fry on 400 for 5 minutes. For Frozen Broccoli: just add it to the cooking put with everything else in step 2.
- Add the frozen shrimp, Cajun seasoning and Garlic butter to the top of the broccoli.
- Air Fry on 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Use a mixing spoon to stir the shrimp, garlic butter, broccoli and spices.
- Air Fry on 400 degrees for 5-6 more minutes to cook the shrimp through.
Top Tips & FAQs
- Pre-cook fresh broccoli: I’ve made this recipe with fresh and frozen broccoli. Frozen broccoli can be added in one step with the shrimp, seasoning and garlic butter. But, fresh broccoli needs a head start in the air fryer so that it is crisp, but also cooked.
- Season to taste: You can always adjust the Cajun seasoning in this recipe. Feel free to add it to suit your preferences.
- Get peeled shrimp: This recipe was tested for peeled frozen shrimp and it works best in this dish.
Yes. This recipe as well as my Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp can be prepared with frozen shrimp.
Frozen shrimp takes about 10 minutes to cook in the Ninja Foodi air fryer at 400 degrees. You should adjust the cook time if you are using small shrimp, previously cooked breaded shrimp, or shrimp with shells. In general, I recommend checking after 5 minutes of cooking.
I am using large shrimp in this recipe where you get 16-20 shrimp per pound. From frozen, this shrimp takes about 10 minutes to cook on it’s own and 15 minutes when it is prepared with a side dish like broccoli.
Recipes to Enjoy This With
This dish is meant to be a meal, but if you’re looking for additional keto side dishes to add to this recipe, then consider these:
More Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp Recipes
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Frozen Cajun Shrimp & Broccoli
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
For the Broccoli:
- If using fresh broccoli: Add the broccoli to the bottom of the cooking pot (no air fryer basket insert needed). Drizzle with avocado oil. Air Fry on 400 for 5 minutes.
- If using frozen broccoli: Add the broccoli to the bottom of the cooking pot (no air fryer basket insert needed). Drizzle with avocado oil. Do not air fry just yet.
For the Frozen Shrimp:
- Add the frozen shrimp to the top of the broccoli. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and top it with garlic butter.
- Air Fry on 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Use a mixing spoon to stir the shrimp, butter, broccoli and spices.
- Air Fry on 400 degrees for 5-6 more minutes to cook the shrimp.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!