This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This Keto Cauliflower Hash Browns recipe is the perfect low-carb alternative to potato hash browns. With less than 10 ingredients that you simply mix and cook, this will become a new veggie-based breakfast staple! Enjoy this with my air fryer bacon or any of these low-carb breakfast ideas.
Why Make Cauliflower Hash Browns
- Cut carbs, not flavor: as I mentioned in my keto mushroom risotto, cauliflower mashed potatoes and cheese cauliflower grits, cauliflower is a great way to substitute grains and cut carbs while keeping many of the same flavors we’re craving.
- Sneak in veggies: By adding seasonings and spices, Cauliflower Hash Browns become a way to eat more vegetables without them being boring or bland.
- Cauliflower Rice: I’m using frozen cauliflower rice right from the freezer. If the bag has lumps, I drop it on the counter a few times to break the rice into their regular bits. The rice will “thaw” while being mixed and formed into patties.
- Almond Flour: I’m using fine grain almond flour and adding this for additional hold. This is a grain-free substitute for breadcrumbs.
- Egg: Like the almond flour and cheese, the egg works to give these Keto Hash Browns some structure.
- Cheese: I’m using shredded cheese. You can use any flavor that you enjoy!
- Green Onions: I had these on hand, but you could substitute red onions, yellow onions or shallots.
- Spices: The garlic powder, black pepper, dried parsley, salt and pepper amp the flavor in this dish.
How to Make Keto Hash Browns with Cauliflower
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir the ingredients until they are all combined.
- Use your hands or a scoop to form patties. Cook four cauliflower hash browns at a time in a non-stick pan. Sear until browned on both sides!
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Keep them small: I measure out 1/4 cup of the cauliflower hash brown mix for each patty. By keeping them small, you can ensure they cook evenly and are easy to flip
- Let the cauliflower hash tell you when to flip: The hash browns lift easily when they are browned and ready to flip. If you find that the patties difficult to lift from your non-stick pan, just give them an additional 30 seconds to a minute.
If you want to keep this super easy, you can add the formed cauliflower hash brown patties to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes per side. I opted to use a skillet because it is quicker and the browned sides taste better.
Breakfast Recipes to Enjoy This With
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Cauliflower Hash Browns
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl. Mix until incorporated.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet to medium high heat.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to make 4 hash browns at a time.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side. The hash browns lift easily when they are browned and ready to flip.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!