This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure . As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These air fryer garlic parmesan wings are juicy on the inside, but super crispy on the outside. They’re a flavor-packed keto snack that only takes about 40 minutes to make.
It’s no secret that I love chicken wings. What’s not to love about moist, tender chicken with a crunch? And who doesn’t love chicken coated in a flavorful sauce? These air fryer garlic parmesan wings are one of my favorite recipes to make. They only take 40 minutes, and they’re keto-friendly. But so much flavor is packed into the meat and the sauce.
Wings are usually made in a deep fryer or an oven. But deep-fried wings are pretty unhealthy. And oven-baked wings are usually lacking in crispiness. By making these wings in the air fryer, you get all the crispiness of a fried wing, with the health benefits of a wing made in the oven.
Why You’ll Love These Juicy Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
This is one of my go-to keto recipes. Here’s why you’ll love it.
- Crispy. One of the secrets to this recipe is that I put baking powder in the spice rub. Baking powder changes the skin on the chicken and allows it to get crispier. You’d never know that these wings aren’t deep-fried!
- Easy. This is a super easy recipe to make. It only takes a few minutes of prep time, and then the wings are in the air fryer. While the wings are in the fryer, you can make the sauce, which also only takes a few minutes. And just like that, you’ve got a quick and easy keto-friendly chicken meal!
- So much flavor. A fun thing about chicken wings is that you can get flavor from both the meat and the sauce. The spice rub for the chicken is packed with traditional seasonings like garlic and paprika. And then the sauce has amazing flavors like parmesan cheese, parsley, and butter. This recipe has many layers of flavor!
Here are all the ingredients you need to make these air fryer garlic parmesan wings. Make sure to scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the article to find the exact amounts for each ingredient.
For the Wings:
- Chicken wings – Make sure to get wings that are sectioned into drums and flats.
- Sea salt
- Black pepper – For best results, use freshly-ground black pepper.
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Baking powder – You cannot substitute baking soda for baking powder.
- Olive oil
For the Garlic Parmesan Sauce:
- Butter – Make sure to use unsalted butter.
- Grated parmesan cheese – Pre-grated cheese works fine for this recipe.
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley – You can use fresh parsley if you prefer.
- Black pepper
How to Make Crispy Keto Wings
Here’s how to make this juicy keto chicken dish. It only takes 40 minutes!
- Dry the chicken. Remove the wings from the fridge, and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Make the rub. Add the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, baking powder, salt, and pepper to a bowl, and stir to combine.
- Season the wings. Cover the wings with the spice rub, and toss until the meat is well coated.
- Cook the wings. Place the wings in the air fryer basket, drizzle them with the oil, and cook at 400F for 12-15 minutes.
- Flip. Flip all of the wings over.
- Finish cooking. Cook the wings in the air fryer for another 12-15 minutes.
- Make the sauce. While the wings are cooking, add the melted butter, parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, and black pepper to a bowl, and stir to combine.
- Toss the wings. Add the finished wings to the bowl of sauce, and toss to combine, then serve.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some things to know when making these crispy garlic parmesan wings.
- Bring the wings to room temperature. If you have the time, remove the wings from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking them. By allowing the wings to reach room temperature before putting them in the air fryer, they’ll stay nice and juicy when they cook.
- Thoroughly dry them. When drying the wings with a paper towel, make sure to do a thorough job. You want to get all of the moisture off of the wings. That allows them to get extra crispy.
- Don’t crowd the wings. Make sure to leave space between the wings in the air fryer basket. There needs to be air between the wings in order for them to get crispy. If you have too many wings to fit in the basket without crowding, then cook the wings in batches.
What to Serve Air Fried Chicken With
Since this keto chicken is so rich and decadent, I like to serve it with some vegetables. This will balance out the wings a little bit. Here are some of my favorite dishes to serve along with these wings.
- Sauteed Green Beans
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Roasted Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Sauteed Asparagus
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
These wings will last in the fridge for 3 days if you store them in an airtight container. You can reheat them in a 360F air fryer for 6-7 minutes, or in a 350F oven for 15-20 minutes.
Can I Freeze Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings?
Yes! This recipe is great for freezing. Store the wings in an airtight container, and they’ll last for 3 months. For best results, thaw the wings entirely before reheating. You can also reheat them straight from the freezer, but you’ll need to add a few minutes of cooking time.
More Crispy Keto Chicken Recipes to Make
I hope you liked these crispy chicken wings. If you want to try more keto-friendly chicken recipes, here are some of my favorites.
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Buffalo Wings
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken Wings
- Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Easy Four Spice Keto Chicken Breast
- Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken
- Chicken Tenderloin Recipes
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Wings, sectioned into flats and drums
- 1/2 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder, baking powder (You cannot swap baking soda in this recipe – I promise that the wings will not taste good if you do)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
Garlic Parmesan Wings Sauce
For the Wings:
- Remove the chicken wing parts from the refrigerator and pat dry (removing as much moisture as possible helps to have a crispy wing skin).
- Mix the sea salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and baking powder in a small dish or ramekin.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture on the wings and toss to coat.
- Place wings on a flat layer in the airfryer.
- Cook the chicken at 400 degrees in the air fryer for 12-15 minutes per side.
For the Sauce:
- Mix the all of the ingredients for the Garlic Parmesan sauce by stirring them in a small bowl.
- Toss the wings in the garlic parmesan mixture and serve immediately.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!