This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Make juicy boneless pork chops in your air fryer with this easy Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Pork Chops recipe. They are deliciously seasoned with my homemade cajun seasoning and grated parmesan cheese blend. Plus, they’re slightly crisp on the outside and tender on the inside using my favorite multi-cooker. Enjoy these with pressure cooker cabbage, easy cheese cauliflower grits, or my keto cornbread to make a meal.
Why Make Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Minimizes prep & hand-on time: On a busy weeknight, keto air fryer recipes and Ninja Foodi recipes (like this one) come in handy because air fryers cook food quickly and evenly without too much prep or hands-on time.
- Crispy & tender with a little oil: Besides the convenience, I personally enjoy being able to have a crispy tender result without lots of ingredients, oil, or pans.
- Boneless Pork Chops: Mine were 8oz each and about 1.5-inch thick. My pork chops were center-cut, thawed, and fresh
- Olive oil: this helps the seasoning mix attach to the pork chops while they cook in the air fryer.
- Cajun seasoning: I’m using a homemade spice mix that includes spices like salt and pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
- Grated Parmesan: I’m using fresh grated parmesan from the refrigerated section of the market. I do not use shelf-stable parmesan as it is much saltier.
- Natural Ancient Sea Salt: You can use any sea salt that you prefer, but I personally choose the brand linked above because of its mild salty taste.
How to Make Pork Chops in an Air Fryer
Cooking pork chops in the air fryer is a quick and easy one-pot meal. You can watch the video tutorial for step by step live steps, but I’ll summarize the key steps below:
- Prepare the pork chops: pat them dry with a paper towel
- Create the seasoning rub: mix the spices in a small bowl or Ziploc bag
- Dread the pork chops in the spices: you can drizzle olive oil on the pork chops to help the spice mix stick
- Air Fry the pork chops: I cooked mine for 12-14 minutes at 375 degrees
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
How Long Does it Take to Cook Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
Butchers don’t always cut chops to the same thickness so there are some things you should keep in mind when you cook pork chops in the air fryer. In general, you can buy thick, normal, and thin-cut chops. And the one you choose will affect cook times.
The ones I used were about 8 ounces each. They were also about 1.5 inches thick. If you are using thinner chops, you can pop the lid of the Ninja Foodi to check on them as they cook.
If you use the Instant Pot Air Fryer, you can open the drawer to check on them too. You should definitely check on thinner chops to prevent overcooking.
The safe internal temperature of pork chops is 145 degrees. I tend to take mine out when they reach an internal temperature of about 140 degrees. They will cook more as they rest so taking them out early will allow them to be just right when I enjoy them for dinner.
What Kind of Pork Chops work best in Air Fryers
When cooking pork chops, I prefer using fresh chops. I generally find fresh offers the best flavor and the result is always tender and juicy.
For frozen pork chops: If you have frozen pork chops, you can use them too. But before you cook them or season them, be sure to thaw them out. Once they thaw, pat off additional moisture with a paper towel.
Whether you use fresh or frozen, you can use either a regular or thick cut. If you have to use thin cuts, you will need to keep a closer eye on them. They can easily overcook, dry out, or burn.
Pork chops are versatile and they pick up the flavors you cook them in very well. There are lots of variations you can choose from. If you don’t like spicy cajun seasonings, you can use ranch seasoning instead.
The time depends on the type of pork you’re making so the range is as little as 12 minutes, but can take an hour. For specific times, you should find recipes based on the type of pork you’re using. Some pork recipes across the site are air fryer pork ribs, air fryer brats, and air fryer Italian sausage.
I cook my pork chops in the air fryer at 375 degrees. Some air fryers come with pork settings, which give you the ideal temperature to cook pork chops based on your air fryer.
They are overcooked. You can prevent overcooking your pork chops in the air fryer by checking for doneness early (you can start checking at around 10 minutes if you have thinner cuts) and using a meat thermometer.
Recipes to Enjoy This With
Air fryer pork chops pair well with lots of vegetables and side dishes. Some of my favorites are:
- Keto Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto
- Loaded Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Sauteed Green Beans
- Keto Creamed Spinach
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel
- Mix the seasonings, parmesan, and salt
- Drizzle the pork chops with olive oil. Sprinkle the spice mix on the pork chops and toss them to get all sides coated.
- Add the pork chops to the cooking basket. Air Crisp them for ￼375 degrees for 6-7 minutes per side. I stop my air fryer when they are at 140 degrees.
- Let the meat rest covered lightly with foil for about 5 minutes. It continues to cook to 145 degrees as it rests.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!