Why share a Keto Fathead Dough recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
I spent nearly a week trying to figure out how to find the company named “Fathead”. From the pictures I saw on Instagram, they made an awesome looking low-carb dough that my Keto-friends were enjoying.
I realized after searching through the fathead hashtag, that fathead wasn’t a company, but a recipe.
What is fathead dough?
Fathead Dough is a grain-free and low carb dough made out of mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, seasonings, eggs, and almond flour.
But…does it taste like cheese?
I’ll be the first to admit that the ingredients in fathead don’t sound all that appealing. In fact, one of the most asked questions that I get is whether it tastes like cheese.
Believe it or not, fathead dough doesn’t taste like cheese. The included cheeses are so mild in flavor that they tend to take on the flavor of whatever you season it with.
If you haven’t made fathead dough, I encourage you to because it is super versatile. It can also be made very quickly in a microwave.
I tested several of these recipes and almost gave up because mine smelled good but tasted bland! I tweaked and tweaked to get this delicious crust!
My dough is a bit sticky, what should I do?
All almond flours are not the same so it’s possible to follow this recipe and get a sticky dough. When working with fathead dough, it’s important for it to not stick to your hands or parchment paper. To troubleshoot the dough when it is sticky, simply add 1 tbsp of extra almond flour at a time until you can roll it out.
Other Keto Fathead Dough Recipes
You can use this dough to make pizza, but there are so many other options. Some dishes that you can create with fathead dough are below:
Easy Keto Parmesan Garlic Bread Bites
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Pockets
Low Carb Keto Fathead Dough Bagels Recipe
Fathead Pizza Dough
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a medium sized microwave safe bowl
- Heat the cheese for 45 seconds
- Use a mixing spatula to give the cheese a quick mix
- Heat the cheese mixture again for 45 seconds
- Add seasonings to the cheese and use the spatula to incorporate
- Add egg and almond flour
- Continue to fold the mixture together with the spatula until it looks like a lightly yellow ball of dough (4-5 minutes)
- Add the dough to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cover the dough with another slice of parchment paper and use your hands on a rolling pin to roll the dough thin
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper and poke holes in the rolled dough with a fork
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 5-6 minutes (the bottom should be golden)
- Add toppings and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes (the cheese needs to melt)
- You can pair this crust with my other low-carb pizza recipes (Big Daddy & Buffalo Chicken).
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!