This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Add asparagus to your list of things that you can cook in your air fryer. This easy four ingredient Air Fryer Asparagus recipe takes just a few minutes and can be spruced up with air fryer bacon, garlic Parmesan butter, or a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy this with air fryer steak, cajun shrimp, or roasted chicken legs to make this a complete air fryer meal.
Why Make This
- Requires just a few ingredients: which keeps this recipe simple and allows you to spruce this up if you wish with things like garlic butter and bacon.
- Easy recipe for all levels of cooks: make asparagus in the Ninja Foodi by seasoning the asparagus and tossing midway through.
- Asparagus: I used a fresh bunch that weighed about 1 pound
- Avocado Oil: I use this to help the cooking process, but also to help the spices stick to the asparagus.
- Sea Salt: you can add this to taste. I’m using fine sea salt.
- Herb Seasoning: this is one of my favorite simple mixes. I use it to roast chicken legs in the air fryer and make air fryer boneless chicken thighs. I love it because it has 24 herbs and spices like garlic, sage, savory, and rosemary. It gives everything a slow roasted, meaty flavor without either of those things.
How to Make Asparagus in the Air Fryer
- Add the asparagus, oil and seasoning to a bowl
- Toss the asparagus to coat
- Add the asparagus to your cooking pot. Don’t worry about them being even
- Air fry the asparagus until tender, being sure to toss midway through.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
This recipe already has flavors of garlic. But, for more of a garlic Parmesan flavor, you can top your asparagus in melted garlic butter and a tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
How do you trim asparagus stalks?
There are two ways to trim asparagus: cut them or bend them.
To cut them, simply cut off the hard wooden part. But, I find that you can accidentally leave some of the inedible part on the stalk.
To bend your asparagus, just hold the center of the stalk and bend from wood-like end. The asparagus will trim itself by breaking at a natural point.
Can you make asparagus in the air fryer with butter?
Yes – one of my favorite ways to make this is by substituting the avocado oil for melted butter. One option is to use my herb butter.
Recipes to Enjoy this with
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Roasted Radishes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Eggplant
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Asparagus
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Add the asparagus, oil and seasoning to a large bowl
- Use tongs to evenly coat the asparagus with the seasoning and oil
- Add the asparagus to the air fryer cooking basket.
- Air Crisp them at 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!