This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Have roasted chicken wings the easy way with this super simple air fryer chicken wings recipe. You’ll need just four ingredients and less than 30 minutes to prepare them. Pair these with my cauliflower risotto, creamed spinach, air fryer green beans, or air fryer radishes for a low-carb everyday meal. You can also add this to your appetizer and tailgating menu with dips and chopped veggies.
Why Make This
- 4 ingredients: like my boneless air fryer chicken thighs, air fryer fryer roasted chicken drumsticks, and roasted whole chicken, this recipe requires just four ingredients. You can get all of them from the store, making it perfect for someone looking for a no-fuss, simple recipe.
- Quick & easy: these come together in less than 30 minutes, including prep. For busy people, like me, this allows me to have the roasted chicken flavor without having to wait an hour to bake chicken wings in the oven.
- Great for meal prep: Make a batch of these and store them in the refrigerator for multiple meals.
- Chicken Wings: In this recipe, I’m using fresh, raw chicken wings. You could also use previously frozen chicken wings that have been thawed out.
- Avocado Oil: This helps the spices stick to the chicken wings and assists with browning the wing skin.
- Salt-free Herb Spice: This is a spice blend of more than 24 spices like garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, lemon peel, and sage. I love using it because it packs a lot of flavor in one easy package. You can use it on whole chicken, air fryer boneless chicken thighs, roasted chicken legs in the air fryer, keto stuffing, and more.
- Sea salt: I’m using fine sea salt because it allows the salt to spread through the chicken evenly.
How to Roast Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer
To roast chicken wings in your air fryer, you’ll need to:
- Season the chicken wings with spices, salt and oil
- Add the chicken to the air fryer cooking basket
- Air crisp the chicken
- Flip halfway through for even cooking and browning
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Flip the chicken halfway through for even browning
- Salt to taste: I’m using 1/2 tsp of sea salt per pound. Feel free to lower the salt or omit it.
- Give the chicken room: like flipping the meat halfway through, making sure that the chicken wings have space in the air fryer cooking basket helps them to cook and brown evenly.
How long does it take to cook wings in an air fryer?
The cook time depends on the size of your wings as well as how browned you’d like your chicken. But, generally, they are ready in 24-30 minutes when you cook them at 400 degrees.
Is it better to bake or air fryer wings?
I prefer to air fryer wings because it takes half the time as baking chicken wings. They require about the same oil to get a tender crispy result.
Recommended Side Dishes
Chicken Wing Dips
More Easy Chicken Wings Recipes
If you like making chicken wings, especially in your air fryer, then you’ll love these popular recipes from the blog:
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Roasted Chicken Wings
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel. Add the chicken to a large bowl or Ziploc bag
- Add the herb spice, sea salt, and oil to the bowl with the chicken. Then, evenly coat it with the seasoning and oil
- Add the chicken legs to the air fryer cooking basket.
- Air Crisp the chicken legs at 400 degrees for 12-13 minutes per side.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!