This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
As a cheesecake lover, I tend to make a lot of keto-friendly sauces to top my homemade cheesecakes with. That is where my Keto Blueberry Sauce was conceptualized.
I originally topped my Keto Lemon Cheesecake with this, but soon realized this sugar-free blueberry sauce deserves a stand-alone recipe.
Using keto sweetener, lemon juice, xanthan gum, and frozen blueberries makes an easy and sweet 4-ingredient sauce. Try it on your next sweet treat!
Why Make Keto Blueberry Sauce?
There are a few reasons to make this. Here are my top three:
- Tastes better: Homemade blueberry sauce tastes better than a traditional blueberry sauce that you can pick up from the store. It has a much bolder flavor since it is filled with all-natural ingredients.
- Easy: It’s super easy to make, only taking just a few minutes and one pan.
- Low-carb: Blueberry pie filling from the grocery store has at least 24 grams of carbs per serving. My recipe uses a gluten-free sauce thickener and sugar-free sweetener that only has 2 grams of net carbs per serving.
How to Make Sugar-free Blueberry Sauce
Begin with adding all of the ingredients to a saucepan. Cook on medium heat until it thickens – this step takes about 10 minutes. You can top the cheesecakes or other dessert with the blueberry sauce once it’s cool.
Carbs in Blueberries
Blueberries are widely regarded as a superfood, with tons of health benefits to them. They are also low-carb. In fact, a half-cup of blueberries has 12 grams of net carbs.
In this recipe, I’m using 2 cups of blueberries to make about 2 cups of sauce. Each serving has less than 2g net carbs.
What to Use Sugar-free Blueberry Sauce With
I originally posted this sauce along with my Keto Lemon Cheesecake recipe, which is absolutely divine. But, this keto blueberry sauce is also great with my homemade almond flour waffles, keto pancakes, or inside my Keto Vanilla Milkshake.
You might also use this as a variation to any recipe on the site that uses my strawberry sauce. For example, this would pair well with my pound cake in low-carb strawberry shortcake.
Another option would be to use it as a topping on the final product for any of these keto baking mixes.
The options are really endless & whatever you want to top, this sauce will be an amazing addition.
More Cheesecake Sauce & Topping Recipes
Keto Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Add all of the ingredients for the blueberry compote topping to a saucepan
- Cook on medium heat until it thickens (~10 minutes)
- You can use the blueberry sauce to top cheesecakes, pancakes & waffles once it's cool.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!