This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Make juicy chicken breasts in about 15 minutes with this easy Air Fryer Chicken Breasts recipe and video tutorial. Even though these are packed with flavor, they use just a handful of ingredients. These are perfect for meal prep because you can easily add the meat to a salad for lunch or enjoy it with a side dish like my pressure cooker cabbage or air fryer green beans for dinner.
Why Make This
- Easy with simple ingredients: making chicken breasts in the air fryer requires 6 total ingredients if you include salt and pepper. After seasoning the meat, you also just add the chicken to the cooking pot and air fry.
- Perfect for meal prep: I make a version of this chicken breast in a cast iron skillet. What I’ve learned from that is it tastes great both hot and cold. Plus, it can be enjoyed on the top of salads, with an easy vegetable side dish, or as a protein-packed take-along snack.
- No-fuss preparation: air fried chicken breasts aren’t complicated. Simply season, drizzle with cooking fat, and air fry.
- Chicken Breasts: I’m using boneless, skinless chicken breast that are thawed
- Avocado Oil: this oil, along with coconut oil, can stand high cooking temperatures. If you don’t have avocado oil, feel free to use olive oil or another cooking fat.
- Italian Seasoning: you can obviously use whichever brand you prefer, but I’m linking my favorite Italian seasoning spice mixture because the freshness of the dried herbs and the balance of the seasoning in this particular brand is amazing.
- Garlic Powder, Sea Salt and Pepper: these add flavor to the meat and are pantry staples. You can always add salt and pepper to taste after making the chicken breasts. If you love garlic, extra garlic powder never hurts.
How to Make Chicken Breasts in the Air Fryer
- Add the chicken and spices to the bowl. Mix until the meat is evenly coated
- Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket and drizzle avocado oil
- Set the cook time and temperature
- Flip and continue to cook until the chicken reaches about 160 degrees. I leave my chicken breasts in the air fryer with the lid closed for about 5 minutes so that it continues to cook and the meat rests.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Pre-mixing the spices ensures that they will be spread on the chicken evenly. When in doubt, simply mix your spices in a small bowl or ramekin before adding them to the chicken breasts.
- Adjust cook temperatures for chicken breast size. Since chicken breasts come in all shapes, you’ll need to adjust the cook time. I always start one side on 8 minutes, flip, then cook for 6 minutes. I add on 1-2 minutes at a time until the meat is cooked.
- Stop cooking at 160 degrees and allow the meat to rest: Chicken breast is technically done when they reach 165 degrees, if you’re using a meat thermometer. But, if you cook the chicken to this temperature, they will start to get dry. I always cook my meat about 5 degrees less than recommended because covered meat will continue to cook while it rests.
Recipes to Enjoy this with
To keep things simple, you can always pair this main protein with an easy vegetable side dish. Some of my personal favorites are:
Alternatively, you can use this meat for a week of lunch meal prep by using it as part of a keto cobb salad, or another salad that you prefer.
Other Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Dry Rub Chicken Breasts
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Air Fryer BBQ Wings
- Crispy Air Fried Chicken Wings
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Mix all of the spices in a small bowl (so that they get incorporated evenly) and sprinkle them on both sides of the chicken breasts
- Add the chicken breasts to the air fryer cooking pot and drizzle with avocado oil
- Cook the chicken breast on "air crisp" for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the chicken breasts reach 160 degrees (they'll continue to cook to 165 degrees as they rest)
- Leave the chicken breasts in the air fryer and allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!