I love an easy meal and Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast is always a great option. This dish has just a few simple ingredients: pot roast, ranch seasoning, pepperoncini peppers, and broth. But, it’s also really big on flavor. Besides that, making Mississippi pot roast in a crockpot or slow cooker means that the meat is juicy and tender. This recipe includes some tips to make the ranch seasoning at home, pressure cooker directions, and bone broth.
Where’d the idea come from to make this roast?
Recently, I’ve been seeing a ton of Instagram posts featuring Mississippi Pot Roasts. After discovering the benefits of bone broth collagen, I decided to make Bone Broth Mississippi Pot Roast, a play on traditional Mississippi Pot Roast recipes.
If you don’t have bone broth collagen, then don’t fret. I’ll include some substitutions too! The main goal of this recipe though is to omit some random ingredients that are typically found in the spice and gravy mixes that are usually in this pot roast recipe.
What is Bone Broth Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast?
Considering all of the recipes that I’ve seen, Mississippi Pot Roast usually includes some sort of beef roast meat, a ranch spice mix, pepperoncini peppers, and an aus jux gravy mix. Since many market gravy and spice mixes taste delicious, but have random ingredients, I recreated this recipe to have a clean version of this dish.
This recipe features my Ranch Spice Mix and Ketologie Smokey Beef Bone Broth Collagen. This version of Mississippi Pot Roast is not only keto-friendly but also a good option for those following Whole30.
Do I have to use bone broth collagen?
I’m using Bone Broth collagen as a replacement for aus jus gravy mix. Ketologie’s Smokey Beef Bone Broth Collagen is pre-seasoned so I’m using this for added flavor. I’m also using Ketologie Bone Broth Collagen to get the benefits of collagen. A substitute for Ketologie is Vital Proteins’ Beef Bone Broth Collagen. The Vital Proteins brand has a much milder flavor.
- Beef Roast: Beef Chuck, Bottom Round, or Stew Meat
- Bone Broth Collagen (for flavor):: Any Sugar-free Beef Flavored Bone Broth will work. If you purchase one that is in liquid form, you’ll need to omit the warm water from this recipe.
Do I have to make this Mississippi Pot Roast in a Crockpot? Short on time? Make this in less than 2 hours!
Recently, I made Keto Pulled Pork in the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker . Using the pressure cooker lid, I cooked an entire 3lb frozen roast in less than 2 hours. This recipe is similar. Simply add all of the ingredients to the Ninja Foodi and cook for 1.5 hours on high pressure.
- 3.5 lb Beef Bottom Round Roast You can also use Beef Chuck
- 1 Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix You can make this at home using this recipe - make the recipe as is and use all of it
- 1/2 cup warm water I microwaved mine in a mug for 1 minute
- 2 scoops Ketologie Smokey Beef Flavored Collagen Bone Broth
- 1 stick butter unsalted
- 7 Greek Pepperoncini Peppers
- Make the ranch seasoning mix.
- Optional: Sprinkle about half of the ranch seasoning mix on the roast and rub it in. Brown the top and bottom of the roast for 5 minutes per side
- Mix Bone Broth with the warm water
- Add all ingredients to a slow-cooker. I used 360 Cookware Base & the 4QT Pot
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-10 hours.