This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
These Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings beat take-out every time. They’re crispy and saucy. Plus, they’re easy to make at home. I start with my air fryer chicken wings or baked wings. Then, top the chicken with the easiest homemade garlic parmesan sauce. Enjoy these with a side salad, vegetable, or other side dish to make them a meal.
Why Make These
If you’re like me, then you love the Garlic Parmesan Wings from places like Buffalo Wild Wings and Wing Stop. But, as I mentioned in my air fryer buffalo wings post, takeout can get expensive so I wanted to make these at home.
This copycat Garlic Parmesan Wings recipe tastes better than takeout. Plus, since you’re making the sauce at home, you get to skip all the random ingredients that tends to come in this sauce.
You can get the full list of ingredients from the recipe card, but there are some notes:
- Baking Powder: this allows the chicken wings to become crispy like fried chicken. I prefer to use this so that the wings can still remain slightly crispy even after you put the sauce on them.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: I get this fresh from the refrigerated section of the market. It looks like powder. The fresh version is best because it is less processed and doesn’t taste as salty.
How to Make These
Making Garlic Parmesan Wings is fairly simple. You can watch how easy it is in the recipe video tutorial. Three basic steps are:
- Crisp the wings by baking them in the oven or making them in the air fryer.
- Make Garlic Parmesan Sauce by melting butter in the microwave, then stirring in the remaining Garlic Parmesan sauce ingredients in a bowl
- Toss the wings in the sauce when you are ready to eat
Top Cooking Tips & FAQS:
What is the best air fryer?
You can use any air fryer to make your chicken wings. The ones I’ve used and tested this recipe with are below:
- GoWiseUSA XL Air Fryer: This XL Electric Air Fryer was my first air fryer. I loved it because of its capacity and lower cost. The size, 5.8qt, was enough to make a meal for about 3 people.
- Ninja Foodi: More recently, I got a Ninja Foodi, which is an air fryer, pressure cooker, steamer, and more. As I explained in my Ninja Foodi Review, I gave away my GoWise because the Ninja Foodi had so many extra functions. This one is more expensive, but worth it to me because it replaced the need for several other small appliances.
How long do you cook Garlic Parmesan wings in the air fryer?
I personally prefer to crisp the chicken at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes per side, depending on how crispy you want your chicken.
Can you make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings in the oven?
Yes! If you want to bake your wings in the oven instead or make enough food for a crowd, then you should use my baked chicken wings recipe. I included the instructions as a note in the recipe card below.
When baking my wings, I use a baking sheet and parchment paper to reduce mess. You can see how I line them up on the baking sheet below:
Ways to Make a Meal:
These wings can be great as part of a keto meal prep. Since these wings are covered in a delicious and rich parmesan sauce, I tend to go light with the side dishes.
- Add a salad: One way to keep this easy is to have these garlic parm chicken wings with a side salad that’s topped with my keto balsamic vinaigrette or any of these low-carb salad dressings.
- Pair with a roasted or sautéed vegetable: You can also opt to pair these with simple vegetable side dishes like Sauteed Green Beans, Air Fryer Green Beans, Air Fryer Broccoli, Roasted Air Fryer Cauliflower, Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts, or Sauteed Asparagus.
Other Keto Chicken Recipes:
Chicken is one of the most popular proteins. If you’re interested in other chicken recipes, then you should try:
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Buffalo Wings
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken Wings
- Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Easy Four Spice Keto Chicken Breast
- Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken
- Chicken Tenderloin Recipes
If you enjoy wings and game-day recipes, then you might also want to check out 20 of my favorite keto appetizer recipes.
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe (Air Fryer & Oven)
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Wings, sectioned into flats and drums
- 1/2 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder, baking powder (You cannot swap baking soda in this recipe – I promise that the wings will not taste good if you do)
Garlic Parmesan Wings Sauce
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings
- Remove the chicken wing parts from the refrigerator and pat dry (removing as much moisture as possible helps to have a crispy wing skin)
- Mix the sea salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and baking powder in a small dish or ramekin
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture on the wings and toss to coat
- Place wings on a flat layer in the airfryer
- Cook the chicken at 400 degrees in the air fryer for 12-15 minutes per side.
Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce
- Mix the all of the ingredients for the Garlic Parmesan sauce by stirring them in a small bowl.
- Toss the wings in the garlic parmesan mixture and serve immediately.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!