These Easy Cast Iron Whole30 Shrimp are one of the easiest low-carb shrimp recipes that you can find! With only 3 ingredients and one-pan, these are the perfect way to have a quick, shrimp meal. Since shrimp cook quickly, this keto shrimp recipe only requires a few minutes to complete. I include tips to season your shrimp perfectly, but also some tasty keto-friendly, Whole30, and low-carb sides dishes to make this an easy meal.
What are the three ingredients in this Whole30 Shrimp recipe?
This recipe requires shrimp, this fajita spice mix, and salted butter (or ghee). If you don’t have the spice mix, then no stress.
Another option is to replace the fajita spice mix with the homemade taco seasoning in my Keto Taco Salad Supreme or the dry rub that I used in Spicy Dry Rub Wings. All of the spice mixes are Whole30 compliant because they do not include sugar, contain all-natural ingredients, and no fillers.
How can I make these cast iron shrimp a meal?
There are a few ways to turn this easy shrimp dish into a meal. Some ideas are:
- Make a Keto Shrimp Taco Salad: swap the shrimp for ground meat in Keto Taco Salad Supreme
- Make Shrimp Lettuce Wraps: add the shrimp to slices of romaine or butter lettuce and top with your favorite salsa. If you like making your sauces at home, then one possibility is this Homemade Pico De Gallo recipe or this Restaurant Style Salsa.
- Add a quick vegetable side dish: a quick option is Easy Sauteed Asparagus
- Make a Shrimp Caesar Salad: add romaine, shredded parmesan cheese, crispy cheese (if you want), and Creamy Caesar Dressing
- Make a Mexican-inspired Salad: add spring mix, Cojita cheese, sauteed peppers and onions, and the creamy cilantro dressing that I included in this Keto Mexican Shrimp Salad recipe.
Love Keto, Whole30, or Low Carb Shrimp recipes? Try these:
- Whole30 Dinner Recipes
- Low-Carb Bang Bang Shrimp (Keto)
- Keto Shrimp Scampi (includes Whole30 substitutes)
- Indian Shrimp Curry (Keto, Whole30, Low Carb)
You can also check out 10 Keto Shrimp Recipes You Need Right Now – it includes a list of shrimp recipes from my blog, but also some from my favorite bloggers!
You might also be interested in these other Cast Iron Skillet Recipes:
- 1 lb Shrimp peeled & deveined
- 2 tsp Spicy Fajita Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Ghee or Salted Butter
- Toss the shrimp in the seasoning mix and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high heat
- Add the ghee or salted butter and allow it to coat the bottom of the pan
- Add the shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes per side. I used jumbo shrimp so they took 2 minutes per side. However, if you are using smaller shrimp then it will cook faster.