This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are high on the list of my favorite things. After getting them several times as takeout, I decided to make these at home. In this post, I share how to make the best garlic parmesan wings sauce that pairs perfectly on the crispiest air fryer chicken wings or baked wings.
Copycat Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
If you’re like me, then you love the Garlic Parmesan Wings from places like Buffalo Wild Wings and Wing Stop. But, as I mentioned in my air fryer buffalo wings post, takeout can get expensive so I wanted to make these at home.
This copycat Garlic Parmesan Wings recipe tastes better than takeout. Plus, since you’re making the sauce at home, you get to skip all the random ingredients that tends to come in this sauce.
Make Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce
Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce includes grated parmesan cheese, melted butter, garlic powder, and dried parsley. I get my parmesan cheese from the refrigerated section of the market. This option has less sodium and packs more parmesan flavor.
To make the sauce, I mix all of the sauce ingredients together then toss the wings in it right before I’m ready to eat them.
How to make Garlic Parmesan Wings
Making Garlic Parmesan Wings is fairly simple.
- Crisp the wings by baking them in the oven or the air fryer
- Make Garlic Parmesan Sauce by melting butter in the microwave, then stirring in the remaining sauce ingredients
- Toss the wings in the sauce when you are ready to eat
Garlic Parm Wings in the Air Fryer:
You can use any air fryer to make your chicken wings. But, I get a lot of questions about the ones I’ve used. So, I’m including them below:
- GoWiseUSA XL Air Fryer: This XL Electric Air Fryer was my first air fryer. I loved it because of its capacity. The size, 5.8qt, was enough to make a meal for about 3 people.
- Ninja Foodi: More recently, I got a Ninja Foodi, which is an air fryer, pressure cooker, steamer, and more. As I explained in my Ninja Foodi Review, I gave away my GoWise because the Ninja Foodi had so many extra functions.
After you have your air fryer, follow the directions that I include in the recipe card from my air fryer chicken wings.
Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings
If you want to bake your wings in the oven instead or make enough food for a crowd then you should use my baked chicken wings recipe. I included the instructions as a note in the recipe card below.
Make Garlic Parm Wings a Meal:
These wings can be great as part of a keto meal prep. Since these wings are covered in a delicious and rich parmesan sauce, I tend to go light with the side dishes.
Other Keto Chicken Recipes:
Chicken is one of the most popular proteins. If you’re interested in other chicken recipes, then you should try:
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Buffalo Wings
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken Wings
- Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Easy Four Spice Keto Chicken Breast
- Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken
- Chicken Tenderloin Recipes
If you enjoy wings and game-day recipes, then you might also want to check out 20 of my favorite keto appetizer recipes.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe (Air Fryer & Oven)
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Wings, sectioned into flats and drums
- 1/2 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder, baking powder (You cannot swap baking soda in this recipe - I promise that the wings will not taste good if you do)
Garlic Parmesan Wings Sauce
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter or Ghee, melted
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, I use the fresh kind from the refrigerated section of the market. If you're using the unrefrigerated kind, you should use unsalted butter and cut the salt in half.
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Remove the chicken wing parts from the refrigerator and pat dry (removing as much moisture as possible helps to have a crispy wing skin)
- Mix the sea salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and baking powder in a small dish or ramekin
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture on the wings and toss to coat
- Place wings on a flat layer in the airfryer
- Use the air-fryer programmed settings for chicken (400 degrees) and cook for 25-30 minutes. I set my timer 15 minutes, flipped the wings, then checked the wings at 5 minute intervals until the skin was crispy enough for me. Getting the wings crispy quickly requires you to flip them about halfway through.
- Mix the all of the ingredients for the Garlic Parmesan sauce by stirring them in a small bowl
- Toss the wings in the garlic parmesan mixture and serve immediately.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!