Soon after learning that baking powder was key to crispy baked wings, I stopped frying them. My thinking was that there is no need to fry wings (which are fatty enough) if they could become perfectly crispy in the oven.
Today, I got this air fryer from Amazon, which not only gets the wings crispy but cuts the time to gets wings on the table in half. These wings from start to finish took me about 30 minutes, making crispy wings a quick meal as to a long waiting process!
What’s in Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce?
Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce includes grated parmesan cheese, melted butter, garlic powder, and dried parsley. I mix all of this together then toss the wings in this sauce right before I’m ready to eat them.
Which air fryer did you use?
I used the GoWise USA 5.8-Quarts XL Electric Air Fryer because of the size (5.8qt is enough to make a meal for 3-4 people), the digital screen and presets (it includes temperature and time settings for everything from chicken to cake), and the good reviews on Amazon!
You can check out the air fryer I used on Amazon by clicking the picture below:
What are some other air fryer chicken recipes?
I got a bit obsessed with my air fryer and I started making chicken often. If you are looking for some other ways to use your air fryer, then you should try this Air Fryer Whole Chicken, these Buffalo Wings, or these plain Oven Fried Chicken Wings (I include air fryer directions for these too).
Can I bake these Garlic Parmesan chicken wings?
Absolutely! If you want to bake these Garlic Parmesan chicken wings in the oven simply preheat your oven to 425 degrees and bake them for 25-30 minutes per side.
Do you have other keto appetizer recipes?
These wings make the perfect appetizer. If you are looking for other recipes, then check out more than 20 of my favorite keto appetizer recipes.
Love saucy wings? Check out 10 Finger-Lickin’ Good Keto Chicken Wing Recipes!
Parmesan Garlic Wing Sauce
- Remove the chicken wing parts from the refrigerator and pat dry (removing as much moisture as possible helps to have a crispy wing skin)
- Mix the sea salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and baking powder in a small dish or ramekin
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture on the wings and toss to coat
- Place wings on a flat layer in the airfryer
- Use the air-fryer programmed settings for chicken (400 degrees) and cook for 25-30 minutes. I set my timer 15 minutes, flipped the wings, then checked the wings at 5 minute intervals until the skin was crispy enough for me. Getting the wings crispy quickly requires you to flip them about halfway through.
- Mix the all of the ingredients for the Garlic Parmesan sauce by stirring them in a small bowl
- Toss the wings in the garlic parmesan mixture and serve immediately.
Recipe Nutrition Facts