Soon after learning that baking powder was key to crispy baked wings, I stopped frying them. My thinking was that there is no need to fry wings (which are fatty enough) if they could become perfectly crispy in the oven. Today, I got an Airfryer, which not only gets the wings crispy, but cuts the time to gets wings on the table in half. These wings from start to finish took me about 30 minutes, making crispy wings a quick meal as to a long waiting process! I used the GoWise USA 5.8-Quarts XL Electric Air Fryer because of the size (5.8qt is enough to make a meal for 3-4 people), the digital screen and presets (it includes temperature and time settings for everything from chicken to cake), and the good reviews on my go to store, Amazon!
Can I make these wings in the oven?
Absolutely! If you want to make these wings in the oven simply preheat your oven to 425 degrees and bake them for 25-30 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken wing parts from the refrigerator and pat dry (removing as much moisture as possible helps to have a crispy wing skin)
- Mix the sea salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and baking powder in a small dish or ramekin
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture on the wings and toss to coat
- Place wings on a flat layer in the airfryer
- Use the air-fryer programmed settings for chicken (400 degrees) and cook for 25-30 minutes. I set my timer 15 minutes, flipped the wings, then checked the wings at 5 minute intervals until the skin was crispy enough for me. Getting the wings crispy quickly requires you to flip them about halfway through.
- Mix the all of the ingredients for the Garlic Parmesan sauce by stirring them in a small bowl
- Toss the wings in the garlic parmesan mixture and serve immediately.
Recipe Nutrition Facts