This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This easy Air Fryer Lobster Tails recipe with homemade garlic butter requires just a few ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to make. Enjoy these with my air fryer asparagus and keto risotto to make a no-fuss, impressive meal!
Why Make Ninja Air Fryer Lobster Tails
Here are a few reasons why you should make these juicy lobster tails:
- Quick & easy recipe: cooking lobster tails is even easier now because this recipe is ready in less than 10 minutes and requires just a small handful of simple ingredients. For me, as a lobster lover, it’s not just an easy way, but now my favorite way to cook lobster.
- Make seafood in your air fryer: almost every household has an air fryer. By learning how to make lobster tails in your air fryer, you have new cooking methods besides broiling and boiling them.
- Save money by having a fancy dinner at home: make this delicious, indulgent dinner recipe, especially for a special occasion (like a romantic dinner for date night from the comfort of your own home). Of course, this is quicker and less expensive than going to a fancy restaurant.
- Lobster Tails: I used fresh and completely thawed lobster tails. These typically come discounted in pairs and are 3-4 ounces each.
- Garlic Butter: I brush this on the succulent lobster meat before air frying (cooking). I also serve this on the side (for dipping).
- Cajun Seasoning: I almost always have this homemade spice mix on hand since I use it in Cajun Shrimp Alfredo, Air Fryer Cajun Chicken Thighs, Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp, and Keto Southern Shrimp and Cauliflower Cheese Grits. If you don’t want to make your own cajun seasoning, you can use Old Bay seasoning or any other seafood seasoning to taste.
- Optional: Fresh parsley for garnish.
Be sure to check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the full instructions and exact ingredient amounts.
How to Cook Lobster Tails in an Air Fryer
- Butterfly the lobster tails with sharp kitchen scissors (or kitchen shears).
- Melt the garlic butter and mix in the cajun seasoning in a small bowl.
- Brush the butter on the lobster meat.
- Place tails in the air fryer basket. For best results, air fry at 390 degrees for a cooking time of about 4-5 minutes. You can add an additional minute or two for larger tails if they are not opaque.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Adjust time based on the size of your lobster tails: Of course, the time may vary based on the size of the lobster tail you’re cooking. So, you can start checking for doneness around the 4-minute mark for smaller lobster tails. You can also add an extra minute or two for larger tails.
- Cook with the lobster meat on top of the shell: I used the lobster tail shell as a bit of a plate for the meat.
- Optional: If you’re craving some lemon flavor, you can slice a few lemon wedges and squeeze fresh lemon juice over your air-fried lobster before eating. Additionally, you can add some lemon zest over your dish, based on your preference.
How to Store Leftover Butterfly Lobster Tails
If you have any leftovers from this air fryer lobster tail recipe, the best way to store them is in an airtight container for next time. You can also wrap them up tight in aluminum foil.
To not overcook them when reheating, though, I tend to make just enough to enjoy them the same day.
Yes! They taste similar to broiler lobsters and are ready in less than 5 minutes of cooking.
When you air fry lobster tail, the cook time depends on your air fryer as well as the size of the lobster tails. A 4oz lobster tail took about 5 minutes in the Ninja Foodi. A meat thermometer isn’t needed, but feel free to use one if you prefer.
I cooked my 4 oz lobster tail in about 5 minutes.
Recipes to Enjoy This With
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Lobster Cauliflower Mac and Cheese: just cut the cooked lobster into bites and add to the dish!
- Keto Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto
- Easy Cauliflower Rice Pilaf Recipe
- Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
More Air Fryer Seafood Recipes
- Air Fryer Scallops
- Air Fryer Tilapia
- Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Herbed Salmon
- Air Fryer Shrimp Marinara Recipe
- Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp & Broccoli
If you try this recipe, please stop back and leave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Air Fryer Lobster Tails
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
- Butterfly the lobster tails with meat or kitchen shears.
- Melt the garlic butter and mix in the cajun seasoning.
- Brush the butter mixture on the lobster meat.
- Add the lobster tails to the air fryer basket. Air fry at 390 degrees for about 4-5 minutes. You can add an additional minute or two for larger tails if they are not opaque.
- Optional: Brush with additional garlic butter before serving.
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!