If you've been following my page, then you know that I love BBQ; however, I've shared recipes in the past for it because BBQ sauce is not keto-friendly and I don't have a grill. I recently got the 360 Cookware Slow Cooker Base, which allows me to brown my meat on the stove then turn that same pot into a slow-cooker, and I've discovered another legit, BBQ sauce (sweetened with Stevia), so I decided to update this recipe and post.
- 2 racks of pork baby back ribs, (~3.5lbs)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup spicy dry rub
- 1/2 cup AlternaSweets BBQ sauce (You can get it here)
- 1/2 cup of Zevia Cola (You can substitute chicken broth if you don't have it)
Note: If you do not have 360 Cookware, then you should double the BBQ Sauce and the Zevia that you use.
SAVE 20% OFF 360 Cookware with DRDAVINAHS
- MAY BE NECESSARY: Remove the thin membrane (if it's there) from the back of the rib racks (The tutorial I always use can be found here). I've found that the ribs that I get from Trader Joes does not have it attached.
- Cut the ribs into smaller, 3 - 4 bone sections
- Sprinkle spicy dry rub on the ribs. Allow the ribs to marinate overnight
- The next day: heat the 4 QT Stainless Steel Stockpot to medium heat
- Add the sliced onions to the pan, followed by the ribs
- Optional: Brown the ribs
- Add the Zevia and the bbq sauce to the stockpot. Use a tong to incorporate.
- Add the lid to the stockpot and set it on the Slow Cooker Base.
- Turn the Slow Cooker Base to 3 and cook for 4-5 hours
- Optional: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Pour additional BBQ sauce on the ribs and bake for 5 minutes. This step allows the rib tops and edges to char!
I paired this with my cauliflower n' cheese bake and some kale.