This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and highly recommend. You can read my full disclosure .
This Easy Cast Iron Grilled Chicken Breast recipe with cilantro lime sauce is juicy and tender in about 15-minutes. It’s best for those busy weeknights when you want an easy meal that doesn’t take forever to cook. These pan-seared chicken breasts are perfect as part of a cauliflower rice burrito bowl or with a simple roasted vegetable. I love using it as part of meal prep.
This post was sponsored by Chobani® & features their Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt. All opinions are my own. A few other bloggers also participated and you can click here to get all of the recipes that use Chobani®.
Ingredients Needed to Make Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Breast
Easy and quick to make, chicken breast with my cilantro lime sauce can be made with staple ingredients in your kitchen.
For grilling the chicken, you need:
- chicken breasts
- taco seasoning
- sea salt
- olive oil
To make the cilantro lime sauce, you need:
- Chobani® Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt
- black pepper
You can see the recipe card for detailed measuring sizes of the ingredients.
Why Use a Cast Iron Skillet?
While chicken breasts can be made in the oven, for this recipe, I used this cast iron grill pan. As I mentioned in my cast iron pork chops and surf and turf recipes, it’s a great choice for many reasons. I’ll name a few.
- It is more durable and retains more heat than many other types of cookware
- A grill pan mimics the grill and gives any protein a great sear.
- It is versatile and can be used as an oven even though this particular recipe is only done on the stovetop
Other tools you need are tongs and measuring spoons, of course.
How to Cook Chicken Breast in a Cast Iron Skillet
- First, heat a grill pan to medium-high heat and when it’s hot, add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan.
- Go ahead to add the taco seasoning to both sides of your chicken breast.
- Sear the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes per side.
- To make the Cilantro Lime Sauce, add all the ingredients for the sauce to a small bowl and mix them together with a fork.
How Long to Cook a Chicken Breast on the Stove
It takes any time between 10-15 minutes to cook chicken breast on the stove. However, there are some things to keep in mind to get the best out of this pan-seared chicken breast and maximize your cooking time.
- Use thin cut chicken to get uniform cooking on all sides of the chicken and cut down on cooking time
- In the absence of thin-cut chicken, you can always cut your chicken breast in half down the center or use a meat mallet or rolling pin to thinly pound it. Remember, the thicker the chicken, the longer it cooks.
Storing these Pan-seared Chicken Breast
Cooked chicken breast can last up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Here are some things to know about storing cooked chicken breasts:
- Refrigerate leftover chicken within two hours of cooking
- If you freeze it, freeze your chicken breast in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags to maintain as much of the flavor and texture as possible.
Calories and Nutrition in Chicken Breast
Side Dishes for Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Breasts
Your options for side dishes for stovetop chicken breasts are endless. If you’re wanting to have a simple vegetable, then you can pair this with my sautéed green beans with garlic.
You can also use the cilantro lime sauce as a low-carb salad dressing and have the chicken on top of a large green salad. You might also use this chicken as part of a keto burrito bowl that includes my cilantro lime rice and fajita vegetables.
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Other Pan-seared Chicken Breast Recipes
Do you need more recipes that use chicken breasts? Then, you’ll love these recipes:
- Keto 4 Spice Chicken Breast
- Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Cola BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Easy Indoor Grill Chicken Kababs
Easy Cast Iron Grilled Chicken with Cilantro Lime Sauce
Use DRDAVINAHS at checkout to save on some equipment & ingredients!
For the chicken:
- Heat a grill pan to medium high heat
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan
- Add the taco seasoning to both sides of your chicken breast
- Sear the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes per side
For the sauce:
- Add all of the ingredients for the sauce to a small bowl and mix them together with a fork
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!